Is Qihoo safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
It is highly recommended not to use all these together even if you do not notice problems yourself at the time.
No, I think if he just adds Kasperksy Internet Security 2014, Comodo firewall, Online armor, AVG FREE, Avira. He will be just protected 100k%.

Reactions: juhful

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
No, I think if he just adds Kasperksy Internet Security 2014, Comodo firewall, Online armor, AVG FREE, Avira. He will be just protected 100k%.
You forgot F-secure internet security 2014, Gdata.. There is always room for improvement!

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I've been using 360 total security and I like it a lot, only a little CPU bashing, quite a lot of ram used but does settle down to about 11k in both processes together when idle.
It has a nice UI and it has pretty strong protection and clean up, it has nice little PC clean up function too.
I just voted for what is the most important thing Qihoo should work on for 360TS, which is nice to include users in the advancement of a product they use and like.
Compared to a lot of security programs it has a very clean uninstall, it leaves very little on your PC from uninstalling and is very easy to uninstall, it doesn't even need a restart like some. :)

Reactions: vrb93

kadajawi

Aug 17, 2014
Hm. Every Chinese owned computer I have seen has 360 installed. Every one of them is also full of adware and worse. I don't see any protection at all. Maybe it's the users? But quite frankly I don't see how the computer could be any worse without. What I do see is the software doing a UAC that is even more annoying than what Microsoft does... why on earth do people deactivate UAC only to install software that, by not being as tied in perhaps, has to be much more drastic? In general 360 is extremely annoying and bothersome, first thing I do is usually uninstall or at least deactivate while I have to use the computer.

Maybe their English version is better...

As for no one caring for what you do on the internet in Pakistan... really? The NSA cares very much, Pakistan is seen as main host of the Taliban/Al-Qaeda. And I'd be very surprised if the Pakistani and Indian government also don't pay close attention. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Pakistan

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
Hm. Every Chinese owned computer I have seen has 360 installed. Every one of them is also full of adware and worse. I don't see any protection at all. Maybe it's the users? But quite frankly I don't see how the computer could be any worse without. What I do see is the software doing a UAC that is even more annoying than what Microsoft does... why on earth do people deactivate UAC only to install software that, by not being as tied in perhaps, has to be much more drastic? In general 360 is extremely annoying and bothersome, first thing I do is usually uninstall or at least deactivate while I have to use the computer.

Maybe their English version is better...

As for no one caring for what you do on the internet in Pakistan... really? The NSA cares very much, Pakistan is seen as main host of the Taliban/Al-Qaeda. And I'd be very surprised if the Pakistani and Indian government also don't pay close attention. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Pakistan

It's definitely the users because the program is great :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I live in Pakistan. Nobody care what you do online in Pakistan :cool:.
And I use MalwareBytes AntiMalware v2.0 Premium, Avast! Internet Security 2014, ESET Smart Security 7 and Qihoo 360 Safe Internet Security ;).

At the same time?

That seems to surprise a lot of people! Yes, yes I do. No, no they don't interfere.

That surprises me. None of the three AVs you list are asserted by their developers to be compatible with other AVs as are Webroot, Kingsoft, Emsisoft, AdAware, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.