Status
Not open for further replies.

JB007

Level 21
Verified
Hello,
My current phone is a Samsung S8+ and I'm using the integrated build-in protection from McAfee.
Recently I noticed that "McAfee/Samsung" version is v4.9.5.2163 and McAfee Mobile Security version is already v5.0.2.1622 since 26 September 2018.
Do you have some informations about this anomaly ?

E

Eddie Morra

The version numbers are probably different because the Samsung Galaxy S8 version isn't the same as the traditional McAfee version. The version built-in for the S8/S8+ is custom and has co-operation from Samsung for the integration.

Unlike the official McAfee Android version, which has nothing to do with built-in integration or Samsung.

JB007

Level 21
Verified
The version numbers are probably different because the Samsung Galaxy S8 version isn't the same as the traditional McAfee version. The version built-in for the S8/S8+ is custom and has co-operation from Samsung for the integration.

Unlike the official McAfee Android version, which has nothing to do with built-in integration or Samsung.
The latest version of Device Maintenance (v2.0.21.1) was on October 1, 2018. You could always double-check the Play Store for any updates, although I suspect you have it on auto-update anyway.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.lool
Thanks @Vendula Kubová & @Spawn for your explanations:)

Status
Not open for further replies.