Is Sandboxie good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avastalicious

Verified
Jan 30, 2013
That might be true, however I've ran into situations when the system was freshly installed and looped over and over into BSODs, the security solution being the culprit.

I never had any issue with antivirus leftovers causing BSODs and instability. So yeah.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
avastalicious said:
That might be true, however I've ran into situations when the system was freshly installed and looped over and over into BSODs, the security solution being the culprit.

I never had any issue with antivirus leftovers causing BSODs and instability. So yeah.

nEVEr say nEVER!!!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I shall soon find out how effective SBIE is, as I have it installed and running a shared PC. One that I don't use.

See the set-up here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Earth-s-Shared-Netbook

MalwareBeater

Thread author
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks for all of the opinions about Sandboxie. I did not realize how good it is. I am amazed that Tzuk can do such a good job developing this on his own. I have Sandboxie installed and it is working really well.:)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I have been hanging with some of these MT cats for several years now. I have learned about all kinds of software with their help and encouragement. If there were one piece of security software, out of all I have learned about--or used--that I could take forever and have to live with my decision as a result; I would choose Sandboxie, in a heartbeat.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely a good virtualization software environment, since everything change were only on the isolation area and it would not affect the real system itself. :)

You may use with AV or not as long common sense is still there.

MalwareBeater

Thread author
Mar 12, 2013
bo.elam said:
MalwareBeater said:
Thanks for all of the opinions about Sandboxie. I did not realize how good it is.

Deciding to use Sandboxie is a smart decision. Sandboxing the browser is a good starting point when people start using the sandbox but that is only the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with Sandboxie.

So, for now, sandbox your browser and after a while, if you like SBIE, you can also do it with other programs like your EMail client, PDF Reader, etc. You can also use Sandboxie to sandbox folders and drives like your Download folder or your USB and CD drives.

If you sandbox all programs and files that you run in your computer, you ll never get infected as long as you are extremely careful about new install that you do in your computer. If you develop into using SBIE the way I have described, viruses will belong to your past.

Bo
It's nice to know that Sandboxie protects you so well. I tried finding something else which works as well, but I could not. All the other solutions were tougher to use and they were not as effective. Sandboxie is just the security solution I was looking for. Thanks for the advice Bo.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
If you sandbox all programs and files that you run in your computer, you ll never get infected as long as you are extremely careful about new install that you do in your computer. If you develop into using SBIE the way I have described, viruses will belong to your past.

I like that way of thinking.

D

Deleted member 178

if i had only 3 security softwares to use, it will be (in order):

1- Shadow Defender
2- Sandboxie
3- Rollback RX

With those 3, in normal usage, you don't need anything else. Each complement each other.

if Sandboxie is ever bypassed by a malware, Shadow defender will cover it; and if both are passed; reload a clean Snapshot with RX. And if those three are passed it means you got a very very rare sophisticated malware, you will have to reconsider your browsing habits.

:D

ams963

Level 1
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Sandboxie + a good drive imaging software will keep pc clean. Nothing else is needed.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.