Advice Request Is SecureAPlus is a good Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hello...is secureAplus antivirus is good for windows??i live in india and it cost at rs 700 for one year...good price....it has lot of antivirus engine..and even there is a secure a plus office in india(delhi)..it is similar to chinese antivirus...
And i hv 360 security so what do u say abt secure a plus and ur opinion??

francis de lorraine

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
Bonjour securAplus antivirus me fais plus penser a un anti-ex qu'a un av personnellement je ne l'aime pas étant donnée que ces serveurs viennent d'asie pas de confiance .je l'ai deja utilisé mais vite désinstallé d'autres antivirus me paraissent plus efficace en terme de protection

Reactions: Garzaman

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Bonjour securAplus antivirus me fais plus penser a un anti-ex qu'a un av personnellement je ne l'aime pas étant donnée que ces serveurs viennent d'asie pas de confiance .je l'ai deja utilisé mais vite désinstallé d'autres antivirus me paraissent plus efficace en terme de protection
Pls write only in English.Forum rules.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As an anti-exe, SecurePlus is good but not great. The parent-child permissions and script protection is not bullet-proof. On the other hand, it is pretty easy to use, for the very same reasons.

As for the multi-cloud AV, it will produce a lot of FPs, like all multi-cloud AVs do.

Don't install the resident AV (clam), it is inferior. Use the resident AV of your choice, or use Windows Defender.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The main backbone of SecureAplus is through whitelisting so the current Antivirus engines should be available regularly from connection to provide accurate detection.

From the first place, setup may become complicated but in a whole it will perform smoothly.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is there anything in SAP that's superior than VS say for both free and paid versions

Thanks
SAP is not prone to silent blocking and other mess-ups of that type.
SAP has signature-based protection (multi-cloud, you choose which engines you want).
SAP has a configurable Trusted Vendors List.
SAP has some interesting settings that you can configure.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
SAP is not prone to silent blocking and other mess-ups of that type.
SAP has signature-based protection (multi-cloud, you choose which engines you want).
SAP has a configurable Trusted Vendors List.
SAP has some interesting settings that you can configure.
What I know

1) Slow server many times
2) For SAP MS apps are ALL trusted. No blocking here
3) Its virus-option allows the use of another AV vendor but this you can also use VS + another AV vendor so no advantage here
4) VS uses VT + Ai so more engines than Jotti by SAP
5) For offline use I think both works the same. AV is by another company

Looking at the features in their paid versions I believe for system protection VS trumps over SAP, right?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What I know

1) Slow server many times
2) For SAP MS apps are ALL trusted. No blocking here
3) Its virus-option allows the use of another AV vendor but this you can also use VS + another AV vendor so no advantage here
4) VS uses VT + Ai so more engines than Jotti by SAP
5) For offline use I think both works the same. AV is by another company

Looking at the features in their paid versions I believe for system protection VS trumps over SAP, right?
Right.
VS has exploit protection, and generally stronger control of script interpreters (although, with notable exception, VS lacks control of cmd.exe, AFAIK).
VS allows you to disable parent/child trust inheritance.

But if you are not code-illiterate, you can harden the script protection in SAP, and maybe that will make it equal to VS. I don't know well enough to say.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I plan to install this AV soon and i would like to know what AV engines they incorporated in the Univsersal AV function? I tried to discover this info on their website with no success. I saw that @sap is the Dev here so might help me with this query. Thanks and regards,

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
SecureAplus cloud is not updated! but the lockdown features works good(It's not easy to config and user-friendly)!also a bit buggy(an initial scan took about 12 hours for me)
You can use Rehips which is much much better than sap!smth like Kasper sky free+rehips!

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
It's an excellent companion for your antivirus. If you download it with offline antivirus, SecureAPlus will be installed with Clam Antivirus as a real-time shield and nobody wants that. It is an excellent anti. exe and another layer of security for your computer. I recommend running it with Panda, Qihoo or Kaspersky, as it has 12 scanning engines including Emsisoft, Bitdefender, AVG, McAfee, Avira and so you do not repeat engine.

Reactions: frogboy

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
I tested this before...it makes one of my slow computer...deadly slow! In the end I uninstalled it and installed Voodooshield... Performance back to normal. Didn't manage to test it's protection capability. But will try it again on a faster computer.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I plan to install this AV soon and i would like to know what AV engines they incorporated in the Univsersal AV function? I tried to discover this info on their website with no success. I saw that @sap is the Dev here so might help me with this query. Thanks and regards,
The engines for Universal AV are: Ahnlab, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, ClamWin, Emsisoft, ESET, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, QuickHeal, Sophos, TotalDefense

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.