Is the following site infested?

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
Hey folks,

today I had a strange behavior on the following page.

Code:
hxxp://www.expertenseite.de/42777-vorlage-webdesign-angebot-gesucht.html

The site is apparently linked to phishing sites, i will be forwarded to the following page.

Code:
'hxxp://gewinner1.microsoft.com-gluckliche-gewinner-heute.online/Deutschland/l1-v639-de-l1/Danke.html?isp=Deutsche%20Telekom%20AG&model=Desktop&voluumdata=vid..00000003-acb1-4987-8000-000000000000__vpid..0fc4f800-ea9d-11e5-894f-f6000ed9fac2__caid..ef3df6c8-348d-4954-a5b8-5900461f42e7__rt..D__lid..d74d836b-12c9-40d8-8f92-86a86fdfadfd__oid1..56dae6b7-904b-458d-98d4-f6496e19398e__var1..5624d6ff017706d5663ee77c__var2..n%2Fa__var3..wifi__var4..windows__var5..DE__rd..__aid..__sid..&sourceid=5624d6ff017706d5663ee77c&match=n/a&carrier=wifi&mob_pf=windows&country=DE&cpc=0.0153#b

Now I wonder if the affected side is contaminated and my computer could have captured something?

Emsisoft and adguard have nothing displayed.

Thanks for your help and answers!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I got redirected to another site, but definitely would not visit the sites.

upload_2016-3-15_14-39-11.png

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
Thank you for the reply.
Can I be sure that I not be afraid of an infection?

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Thank you for the reply.
There is no way to tell due to the redirections.You can do system scans using your security and also use online scanners like ESET, Bitdefender. If you are really not sure you can also clear out the browser cache.And you might also want to use a sandboxed browser in future for such cases.

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
Ok, well EAM and Hitman find nothing except some tracking cookies.
Which sandboxed browser can you recommend, to time I use only the normal chrome browser.

Reactions: Rishi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thank you for the reply.

If you are using the latest version of your web browser with no vulnerable plugins, then I assume your PC is safe. Make sure you haven't entered any credential details to these sites, or downloaded any software. As a precaution, you could perform a quick scan with your Antivirus or on-demand scanners.

You can download the free version of Sandboxie here, it's simple and easy to set-up.
Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing

If you have any questions regarding Sandboxie, post them here, Sandboxie (Invincea)

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
I use the latest version of chrome only whith adguard at this time.
When the page loads, I have these immediately closed and i dont entered details or downloaded any software.

Than i want look a littlebit closer to sandboxie.

also i replaced adguard by ublock, in the hope that this makes those pages.

Reactions: Rishi
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Are you sure for me unfortunately not.

I tried again , the page I was directed to the first time did get blocked by chrome. the other tries I got redirected to different sites not blocked by norton , wot , adguard premium......very , very strange :( ( you get redirected to a different site each time you try )

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 370
L

LabZero

It is a bit difficult to make a solid valutation based on the elements that we have.
Sometimes these redirections load "drive by" attacks on Javascript-based malicious code executed when the page loads in the user's browser. Normally, the code uses other scripts to get more malicious components, which, in their turn, attempt to exploit the flaws of the browser or the operating system.
As already suggested, it is useful to clear the cache and run multiple antimalware scans repeated after a few days and use Sandboxie for future reference.
Update the browser and OS if necessary.

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
Also thank you for the answer.
I deleted yesterday the browser cache already and and have several scans (Hitman Pro, EAM) performed and nothing was found.

I hope, if something had been downloaded, would EAM noticed this?!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.