Advice Request Is the Kaspersky protection extension really needed?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Hey @SFox, i looked for that option you mentioned and didn't find the question mark... can you explain where did you find it?
You should go to the Settings menu, then Advanced (Additional), then Network, then I pointed to the screen where you need to uncheck (the interface is in Russian).
касперский.png

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
You should go to the Settings menu, then Advanced (Additional), then Network, then I pointed to the screen where you need to uncheck (the interface is in Russian).
View attachment 233015
ty!

Every time I have used Kaspersky, I have deactivated it and also the Anti-Barner, because navigation slows down. ( in my case )
Yeh, i trying kaspersky without the extension till now, and i didn't find any problem. It seems to work properly without the extension. Ty!

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I have KIS in my PC. Is there any benefit to have this extension installed in Chrome browser? I wonder if KIS can detect malware and phishing sites without this extension (i have Ublock Origin instead).

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
You will miss some features such as stats of banners and/or Private Browsing blockings... a different thing is if You disable also Injection, then You may miss also scanning of https URLs:

Only problem when you have not installed this add-on is the annoying popup alert about the convenience of to install Kaspersky Protection extension in your browser. Thanks harlan4096

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Only problem when you have not installed this add-on is the annoying popup alert about the convenience of to install Kaspersky Protection extension in your browser. Thanks harlan4096
Kaspersky new patch (h) changes all about annoying alerts of Kaspersky-Browser-Extensions, now as long as "Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers" is disabled (Settings->Web Antivirus->Advanced Settings) now it's possible to ignore alerts to install browser extension by Kaspersky. Just going into "Notification Center" inside GUI of Kaspersky, there are options to ignore some alerts including browser extension.

Last edited:

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Kaspersky new patch (h) changes all about annoying alerts of Kaspersky-Browser-Extensions, now as long as "Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers" is disabled (Settings->Web Antivirus->Advanced Settings) now it's possible to ignore alerts to install browser extension by Kaspersky. Just going into "Notification Center" inside GUI of Kaspersky, there are options to ignore some alerts including browser extension.

Great news! Thanks a lot "Estela plateada" ;) (love your avatar)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.