Is their an ideal companion to VoodooSheild

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It's not now I can assure you, I have used the VS & EmsiSoft combo off and on for quite some time.
As a FW snap-in I also use WFC in the mix as well (Windows Firewall Control)
Have you switched connection to public on Emsisoft's firewall? It might as well been fixed since back in the day Dan said he was going to find another way to check connection besides pinging Google. It's all on the thread i created while ago "I contacted Dan from VoodooShield and this is what happened". Biggest clickbait ever made-

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

You are out of line with your personal attack on another member! Many of us here happen to really appreciate TripleHelix and are thankful of the support he provides. Personal attacks on others are unnecessary. Please keep these types of comments and opinions to yourself.

Nice new account there.. ;)

Triple Helix has been banned here I thought? I checked and he has a line through his name on any of his posts. Nevertheless, I see him disparage this forum and it's members routinely when he posts elsewhere. I found him insulting, degrading and intolerable when my interaction with him started after I documented and pointed out several bugs with Webroot and provided logs on a 'dramatically' infected machine with Webroot on it. He took it very personally. Sorry, I will be staying far away from him and his products.

D

Deleted member 178

I have VS and all of Microsofts stuff running But I'm wondering what else if anything should I layer on to this, should I kill any Microsoft apps, adjust this or that, what do you all think. I am a minimalist in my core .Windows 7 HP.
MS gives you the basics which are not so bad but not at the top either, however if you want enhanced protection, i would recommend Emsisoft AM , it had very good realtime dual-engine and a behavior blocker, EAM can be used alongside VS without issues and both can complement each other.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Have you switched connection to public on Emsisoft's firewall? It might as well been fixed since back in the day Dan said he was going to find another way to check connection besides pinging Google. It's all on the thread i created while ago "I contacted Dan from VoodooShield and this is what happened". Biggest clickbait ever made-
This problem no longer exists because Emsisoft Internet Security is or will be discontinued.
They will keep only Emsisoft Anti-Malware see: Update - Merging Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft Anti-Malware
No problems to report with EAM and VS, they work beautiful together.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I've used Voodooshield and it looks like a great program, but I have a question maybe it's not the thread thread, but I do not know if there is any project for multi.idomas, it would be nice to have it in the native language of each one

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I recommend using VS in autopilot mode + a good light-weight free AV with minimal settings
no need for paid AVs because I feel it's reduntdant and money-wasting
pairing anything with VS provides an identical result in the end

Avast: tweaked settings for performance and remove all craps. File shield only is OK
Bitdefender free
Kaspersky free with performance tweaks
panda free
zemana antimalware: if you can get a free license

on Windows 7, MSE is not a good option for me although it's not too bad

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.