Azure Phoenix

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Perhaps Zemana Mobile Antivirus? I know the computer counterpart, Zemana antimalware, uses many engines. But I'm not sure if the android version does as well.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
My phone Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro, has built-in anti-virus engine (Avast + tencent) running.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
It's a built-in inside security app with applock too. I don't need to find and install others to hog the resources. Plus I'm not installing 3rd party app (except Adguard), so I have no issue running into virus or some sort of malware in general.

RXZ6Q

Level 2
Hello,

We have our own offline engine in Zemana Mobile Antivirus.

Best Regards.
Thank you very much for your answers, sir. That means no multiple engines, correct? Also, I found "Anti-Keylogger" feature in Zemana. I thought that there are no keyloggers on Android. Could you, please, clarify, how this works exactly?

RXZ6Q

Level 2
My phone Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro, has built-in anti-virus engine (Avast + tencent) running.
I have built-in AV in my phone, too. It's on-demand only. My phone is Meizu M2 Note running FlymeOS, I wonder what database they use.

RXZ6Q

Level 2
You do not need Multi-Engine AV for Android.

On-Topic, I do not know of any.
I think that AV for Android is not that necessary if you only install stuff from Google Play. That's not my case, but even if you install just from Google Play, there is no human review for apps, and malware making it into Google Play is something what is not rare. Given the amount of data our phones gather, I'd like to use AV running all the time and it would be nice to download and scan the phone with multiple AVs tool from time to time, just to be sure. But that's just my option :)

Mert Can ALICI

From Zemana
Developer
Verified
Thank you very much for your answers, sir. That means no multiple engines, correct? Also, I found "Anti-Keylogger" feature in Zemana. I thought that there are no keyloggers on Android. Could you, please, clarify, how this works exactly?
Hello @RXZ6Q,

Zemana Mobile Antivirus does not contain 3rd party engine inside. We protect you with Zemana's own engine.
There are some applications that can track what you have typed and that can be critical for banking activities.

Best Regards.

I think that AV for Android is not that necessary if you only install stuff from Google Play. That's not my case, but even if you install just from Google Play, there is no human review for apps, and malware making it into Google Play is something what is not rare. Given the amount of data our phones gather, I'd like to use AV running all the time and it would be nice to download and scan the phone with multiple AVs tool from time to time, just to be sure. But that's just my option :)
Hello @RXZ6Q,

Zemana Blog: Arm your Android device with an anti-keylogger
Please read our blog post about an Google Play malware. There are so many unknown threats in Google Play.

Best Regards.

Spawn

Administrator
MalwareTips Team
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
I have downloaded a few APK's outside the Google Play Store. It's part of the risk you take, and using an "Antivirus" will not stop malware authors from getting creative. I don't use any Android Antivirus apps, because it's pointless.

There are an unofficial VirusTotal Mobile app by FunnyCat. It's free.
VirusTotal Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

Spawn

Administrator
MalwareTips Team
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
if install apps from Gplay you do not need antivirus, about multi engine apps i know xiaomi uses such config.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
can't say about mulitple engines, but eset & zemana both should be good enough :)