Advice Request Is there a Android security application which scans your phone with multiple AVs?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Perhaps Zemana Mobile Antivirus? I know the computer counterpart, Zemana antimalware, uses many engines. But I'm not sure if the android version does as well.

Reactions: vemn

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
My phone Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro, has built-in anti-virus engine (Avast + tencent) running.

Reactions: vemn

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
It's a built-in inside security app with applock too. I don't need to find and install others to hog the resources. Plus I'm not installing 3rd party app (except Adguard), so I have no issue running into virus or some sort of malware in general.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Hello,

We have our own offline engine in Zemana Mobile Antivirus.

Best Regards.
Thank you very much for your answers, sir. That means no multiple engines, correct? Also, I found "Anti-Keylogger" feature in Zemana. I thought that there are no keyloggers on Android. Could you, please, clarify, how this works exactly?

Reactions: Winter Soldier

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
My phone Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro, has built-in anti-virus engine (Avast + tencent) running.
I have built-in AV in my phone, too. It's on-demand only. My phone is Meizu M2 Note running FlymeOS, I wonder what database they use.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
You do not need Multi-Engine AV for Android.

On-Topic, I do not know of any.
I think that AV for Android is not that necessary if you only install stuff from Google Play. That's not my case, but even if you install just from Google Play, there is no human review for apps, and malware making it into Google Play is something what is not rare. Given the amount of data our phones gather, I'd like to use AV running all the time and it would be nice to download and scan the phone with multiple AVs tool from time to time, just to be sure. But that's just my option :)

Reactions: jogs

Mert Can ALICI

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 29, 2015
Thank you very much for your answers, sir. That means no multiple engines, correct? Also, I found "Anti-Keylogger" feature in Zemana. I thought that there are no keyloggers on Android. Could you, please, clarify, how this works exactly?

Hello @RXZ6Q,

Zemana Mobile Antivirus does not contain 3rd party engine inside. We protect you with Zemana's own engine.
There are some applications that can track what you have typed and that can be critical for banking activities.

Best Regards.

I think that AV for Android is not that necessary if you only install stuff from Google Play. That's not my case, but even if you install just from Google Play, there is no human review for apps, and malware making it into Google Play is something what is not rare. Given the amount of data our phones gather, I'd like to use AV running all the time and it would be nice to download and scan the phone with multiple AVs tool from time to time, just to be sure. But that's just my option :)

Hello @RXZ6Q,

Zemana Blog: Arm your Android device with an anti-keylogger
Please read our blog post about an Google Play malware. There are so many unknown threats in Google Play.

Best Regards.

Reactions: JM Safe and XhenEd

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have downloaded a few APK's outside the Google Play Store. It's part of the risk you take, and using an "Antivirus" will not stop malware authors from getting creative. I don't use any Android Antivirus apps, because it's pointless.

There are an unofficial VirusTotal Mobile app by FunnyCat. It's free.
VirusTotal Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: RXZ6Q and Parsh

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: RXZ6Q and ant_gamal

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
if install apps from Gplay you do not need antivirus, about multi engine apps i know xiaomi uses such config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.