Advice Request Is there any conflict with Avast Free and Comodo Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
By using this setup,avast with comodo firewall,of course,would i not need a system image backup solution as i don't want to use such product.
and is this setup light on resources?
I'd still suggest making a system image backup.
Comodo Firewall is incredibly light. Avast runs light for me with no noticeable slowdown but your experience may differ. I'd suggest running the setup for a few days and seeing if you're happy with the performance.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
As i have said in my previous posts,I want to use avast/wd free with comodo fw.
Does avast hardware virtualization and deepscreen which is based on it,will cause any conflict with comodo sandbox?
Again,which is better with comodo fw in windows 10, wd or avast free?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
As i have said in my previous posts,I want to use avast/wd free with comodo fw.
Does avast hardware virtualization and deepscreen which is based on it,will cause any conflict with comodo sandbox?
Again,which is better with comodo fw in windows 10, wd or avast free?
It's better not to have 2 real-time AV together i.e. WD and Avast AV unless you use one on demand.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
It's better not to have 2 real-time AV together i.e. WD and Avast AV unless you use one on demand.
I just ask which of the two is better with comodo fw?
I haven't mentioned anywhere that i want to use both the AVs with cfw.I just want one which is better compatible with cfw in windows 10.
You should understand the question first,before answering it.
Haven't you read the word "or" between AVs,which clearly tells i want one not both of them to protect my system.

Reactions: AtlBo

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just ask which of the two is better with comodo fw?
I haven't mentioned anywhere that i want to use both the AVs with cfw.I just want one which is better compatible with cfw in windows 10.
You should understand the question first,before answering it.
Haven't you read the word "or" between AVs,which clearly tells i want one not both of them to protect my system.
You want to set up for your system or for your friends' system who have no technical knowledge in these thing as said in your starting post?

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
for the one who doesn't have ufficient knowledge
Then you don't recommend Avast AV and CFW to them

Try something simpler like using the default Windows Firewall and WD(with PUP enabled). If you think WD is not good enough then use BD Free.

BD Free have 2 disadvantages

a) It does not auto scan a USB device when inserted.
b) It may slow your system down as time goes by. This the user will need to check.

Advantages

a) It updates the signatures automatically
b) Frequent signature updates
c) BD is one of the best AV. It is an AV + SB + BB

The default Windows Firewall does NOT take care of outgoing notifications unless you go into the Advanced section to enable it. Otherwise take a simple firewall like the Tiny Firewall(a GUI for Windows) or the Xvirus Personal Firewall which handles incoming/outgoing notifications. They don't have special features like HIPS, SB, BB etc

Last edited:

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
so, doesn't avast hardware virtualization interferes with comodo's sandbox?
Is wd enough with cfw?
I am a risky user so suggest me the best advice:what to use with cfw tweaked-avast or wd,for maximum performance and compatibility.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Windows Defender has been under a lot of criticism lately because of potential attack vectors that were discovered. It is not as strongly built as we believed.
So at this point, Avast looks like a better option.
Try installing Avast without behavior shield, and see if everything is fine with Comodo.
If yes, then you can try adding behavior shield as a second stage. If it makes trouble, just uninstall that component, or do a system image restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.