Is This a True Concern or Baseless? Bloomberg Businessweek

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Just noticed this posted on another forum.....Not sure what to make of it.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

Might be bad news if you are a Kaspersky user who is also being investigated by the FSB.

However, for typical user, I think the potential for any kind of serious issue is virtually non-existent.

It's just like your system - what are the chances that a hacker has singled-out your system and is attempting to penetrate it ? Probability is essentially = 0.

Despite what I think, anyone who chooses to use Kasper products should consider all facts and make a determination for themselves; I have an opinion - which is not a fact.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Yet another headline to make something out of nothing.

Of course leading companies are going to draw talent from those agencies and those agencies will be interested in cybersecurity firms' intel. That's like being surprised that Lockheed Martin has "ties" to the FAA, US Air Force, and NASA...and the Ukraine...'cos they make the best rocket engines...and they are in Russian too.

“And you never will. But I’ve got a job to do, too. Where I’m going, you can’t follow. What I’ve got to do, you can’t be any part of. Ilsa, I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you’ll understand that.”
That's from the movie, Casablanca

Last edited:

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
i dont take these reports seriously as why you are concerned as you have done nothing wrong and every company is spying on its users no one is legitimate, they say that they care about your privacy and no one can cares about your privacy as they are but in real they wont they lie and they sell your data to everyone which comes at their door offering some bucks and these companoes do it happily.
Previously o was offended by these reports but now i care nothing about these reports as no one in this world can be fully trusted everyone wears wears a mask and their real face is hidden somewhere behind that mask. :(

H

hjlbx

i dont take these reports seriously as why you are concerned as you have done nothing wrong and every company is spying on its users no one is legitimate, they say that they care about your privacy and no one can cares about your privacy as they are but in real they wont they lie and they sell your data to everyone which comes at their door offering some bucks and these companoes do it happily.
Previously o was offended by these reports but now i care nothing about these reports as no one in this world can be fully trusted everyone wears wears a mask and their real face is hidden somewhere behind that mask. :(

@arslan ejaz

Good attitude...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I read the article about Kaspersky aloud to my wife, & she asked:
"Wasn't that the one (suite) that was very intrusive?" To which I replied:
"That was because our trial was nearing it's end...plus it didn't get on well with our Windows 7.":rolleyes:
That's from the movie, Casablanca
I liked that line from the movie, it makes me want to see it too!:cool:
Bombastic headlines sell newspapers, this is becoming so lame.
Listen to @Vipersd. He speaks softly but carries a BIG scyth! :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you are not doing anything wrong why worried? Surely typical users don't take this issue seriously as they know what are doing. Its better if tracking skills is usually done for security purpose to gain more samples upon analysis against blackhat/malware writers.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Besides...I missed the obvious here: Kaspersky is acting in a manner completely consistent with the belief of his company being hacked by foreign governments! (duh! o_O heh)

Maybe '60's-esque spy stories will become popular again!

bond_title.jpg

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.