- Jan 8, 2011
Tinder announced a $499 per month invite-only subscription, Tinder Select, on Friday, Bloomberg reports. As part of the premium plan, subscribers can message people they’ve not matched with, while the “most sought-after” users will see their profiles. Tinder says it only offers the plan to less than 1 percent of its users it considers “extremely active” and that the applications will open up on a rolling basis.
“We know that there is a subset of highly engaged and active users who prioritize more effective and efficient ways to find connections,” said Tinder’s chief product officer, Mark Van Ryswyk. “So we engaged in extensive tests and feedback with this audience over the past several months to develop a completely new offering.”
If selected to apply, users will have to meet the company’s “5-point Select Screen.” That means their profile must include a verified photo, a biography, five interests, at least four images, and details about what kind of relationship they’re looking for. If their application is approved, members can add an exclusive Select badge to their profile.
With Tinder SELECT, you get access to these unique perks:
You’ll also be able to hide advertisements and see the Likes you’ve sent in the last 7 days. Note: SELECT membership perks are only available on the Tinder app, not Tinder.com.
- Direct Message: Up to 2 times a week, you can send someone a message without having to match first. Note that you can only send a DM via the Likes Sent tab, you can’t send a Super Like at the same time and some users may opt out of receiving DMs.
- Skip The Line: People you like will see your profile unblurred in their Likes You grid, even if they don’t have a Gold or Platinum Tinder subscription. Your profile also remains prioritized on their Likes You grid for 7 days.
- Special Status: Show off your membership with an exclusive SELECT badge. If you’re not interested in adding this badge to your profile, you can opt out of it in your Settings.
- SELECT Mode: See and be seen by Tinder’s most sought after profiles, so you can enjoy more exceptional connections.
- VIP Experience: Membership spots are limited to less than 1% of users to ensure you receive the most exclusive experience possible.
- Early access: Be among the first to test special new features in advance.