Advice Request Is UnHackMe worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Is UNHACKME ANY good? i never even heard of it before. :unsure:

UnHackMe allows you to detect and remove a new generation of Trojan programs - invisible Trojans and will be a very useful security utility for your operating system.

The intruder installs a rootkit on a computer using a user action or by exploiting a known vulnerability or cracking a password. The rootkit installs a backdoor giving the hacker a full control of the computer. A rootkit is a collection of programs that a hacker uses to mask intrusion and obtain administrator-level access to a computer or computer network. It hides their files, registry keys, and process names, and network connections from your eyes.

Your antivirus could not detect such programs because they use compression and encryption of its files.

The sample software is Hacker Defender rootkit. You need to use UnHackMe to identify and remove Hacker Defender or its clone.

Limitations: 30 days trial

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It can be of use. I once used its boot media to clean malware from a computer with a locked desktop that I did not have access to the Admin account on, to be able to use malware removal tools with Windows booted. But it's not something that I feel the need to use in everyday use.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It's a great tool. I don't know about its real time protection, while disinfection capabilities are very good. But the product is mostly for IT technicians, intermediate and advanced users in my opinion. It can be very complicated to use sometimes. You get very detailed views of infections and have a lot of flexibility to remove them.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

this program has been around for a very long time, when rootkits were the big thing. I found you need to be careful as to what you allow it to clean.
I have not used it in a few years now so it might be better. now days I guess it doesn't matter if something get deleted that should not since every body here uses an imaging program with removal external drive.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.