Is Webroot good enough as my primary protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill W

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2013
I have been using Webroot as my main AV for several months now. Very happy. Prior to this I used Emsisoft and Zemanna keylogger trial editions in realtime alongside Webroot trial and had no problems either ( understandably some false positives).
Anyway, I now use Webroot only with the odd on demand scan of hitman pro, emsisoft & malwarebytes.
I feel pretty comfortable with my current setup, and generally abide by Littlebits frequently voiced mantra of using common sense while online as ones first defense.... but sometimes things can get through. I don't see myself changing to another AV, but I would like to hear other peoples experience.

Bill W

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2013
Excellent. Good to have an endorsement from a pro.
Usage update:The Webroot filtering extension is currently on limited rollout, and while effective is a bit slow on resolving google searches.

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
webroot is good if you have an internet connection.while scanning you should be connected to internet otherwise it will miss threats(from my personal experience).I took two malwares and scan with webroot offline and surprisingly it missed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.