Is Windows boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

There's nothing on Windows 10 that is exciting.

What do you do on Windows?

Windows is actually not boring IMO because you are always tweaking, checking your AV, playing security theater on it.

ChromeOS, now that's boring because it works, it probably can't be compromised and you have to do nothing to maintain it. Powerwashing once a month would even be excessive, but only takes 15 seconds. Linux is a little more exciting, although there isn't any security theater there you can play around a lot with Linux.

I ONLY run Windows on a few select gaming rigs to play games. Otherwise, it's not used. We've migrated 90% away from Windows. I actually find myself bored with Debian, FreeBSD and ChromeOS because there really isn't anything ever to do to the underpinnings of the OS or any security to even consider.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I listen to music, downloading music & movies, browsing the Web, watch Netflix, HBO Nordic, lots of things, I do not find Windows boring, its the other way around, I love Windows 10.:love:

The entire Windows ecosystem is garbage. The entire cycle. Ad nauseum garbage. Microsoft really gives the home user short shrift and leaves the IT Pro hanging. It's a play on words, but I think most people will understand what I mean. Maybe this bitter example explains it better... Windows is like spending 250,000 Euros on a dream vehicle, but never getting the key to actually use the vehicle once you have handed over the money. Complete garbage or bitter disappointment or however one wishes to describe it. Now you understand what I am getting at ?

Just my experience and observation.

Last edited by a moderator:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well .. Windows. I use it because if it's more fun, you can try hundreds of programs that serve the same thing.
you are always looking for what is the best antivirus or editing program etc, you can also try malwares. You live expectant you do not know what is going to happen to you within 5 minutes you are always arranging optimizing. That makes me forget other more important things and I have fun.:)

If I want stability I use Linux ..:)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Windows as an item to watch sentences and images on the web think that it is moving steadily enough to be bored.
Maybe people who felt fun trying to understand the structure inside a little, are participating in MalwareTips. I was.

However, I may feel nostalgic about past MacOS I loved even on error screen.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It's a good thing when it's boring. When it's not I usually have to fix or tweak something. I wish it was boring but that is no longer the case because Microsoft releases a new build twice a year. And with every build, you have to retweak and learn the new settings and features and it takes you so long to learn them that by the time you finally got everything the way you want, a new build is out.

Btw next build is due next month already and it will have A LOT of new features especially in security.
Windows Defender System Guard: Making a leap forward in platform security with memory integrity - Microsoft Tech Community - 167303

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
If I want to be bored, frustrated and offended by an ugly GUI then I use Linux. Needless to say I'm a Windows user and proud of it.
Linux You can have a good interface ... The problem with Linux is that ... if it works well there is no problem ... but if it goes wrong it drives you crazy.
In Linux you do not have to retouch a lot unless you go badly.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The entire Windows ecosystem is garbage. The entire cycle. Ad nauseum garbage. Microsoft really gives the home user short shrift and leaves the IT Pro hanging. It's a play on words, but I think most people will understand what I mean. Maybe this bitter example explains it better... Windows is like spending 250,000 Euros on a dream vehicle, but never getting the key once you have handed over the money. Complete garbage. Now you understand what I am getting at ?

Just my experience and observation.
Yet people earn money for living off that OS such as making paid programs that only work for that OS and is centered around that "garbage", then turn around and bash on it, makes me smile watching such situations..

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
ForgottenSeer 58943 is right. This is typed on a Chromebook. No firewall. No AV. No anti-malware. No defrag. No hacking tools. I can't even run nmap even though I am on a network! etc. Borrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg :)

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I can format, i can defrag, run av and learn about viruses and incompatibilities. I can crash windows when i finish crash it i can play my videogames coool!

Reactions: Prorootect
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

ForgottenSeer 58943 is right. This is typed on a Chromebook. No firewall. No AV. No anti-malware. No defrag. No hacking tools. I can't even run nmap even though I am on a network! etc. Borrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg :)

Boring as heck, but you are basically guaranteed a problem free, hack free, security worry free, crash free experience from the get go. My Chromebook is AWESOME. I can take it anywhere, even in unsecured environments and not have a care in the world.

Cool story.. The boys in the lab spent a day with Chromebook attempting to circumvent it. Attempted to install remote access tools, exploits and bypasses.. It just wasn't possible. The user space is so well protected that it is ridiculously secure. If you never install any bad extensions and don't use the GooglePlay store, you are gold.

Windows is a festering pile in comparison. But Chromebooks are BORING since you have nothing to break, fix or secure on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.