Is Windows boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet people earn money for living off that OS such as making paid programs that only work for that OS and is centered around that "garbage", then turn around and bash on it, makes me smile watching such situations..

Oh please, there is no conflict of interest that I "earn my living off of" WIndows and expressing a completely valid opinion that a whole lot of people think about Windows. If that is how it works, and I'm not allowed to criticize Windows, then I must be living in some Orwellian era nation and the Microsoft security forces are about to break down my door and bash my brain in with a Windows Surface Pro. If that is how it works, and none of us publisher employees can criticize Microsoft or Windows, then all of the 3rd-party publishers might as well close their operations and just let Microsoft have at it.

The entire industry, governments and people have criticized Microsoft for decades regarding myriad of things - and its a good thing too. You benefit from that ongoing criticism. My kind of criticism of Windows.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "earning a living off of Windows" if a person thinks that Windows ecosystem from beginning to end is "garbage." If you read, and understood how I used the word "garbage" within the context of my original post, then you would have understood that I think Windows is a bitter disappointment and not literally garbage.

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I wouldn't call it boring at all, there's always something to tweak, mess around with or, I'd say more often than not, troubleshoot after botched updates. :D
On the other hand, I've been so rarely using Windows lately. I find linux more exciting; it's still pretty new to me and as a relatively fresh user I've been having a great time exploring it's possibilities.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Keep waiting for the day someone comes along in Washington and rids the government of the pseudo intellectuals and pseudo military complex goons. Whether it's by choice, it will happen eventually. Windows must be subjected to a 3rd party 100% independent critical review, where everything in the program is laid bare before the people of the world. Only Congress could arrange for this, and one thing is certain...that wouldn't be boring :)...

@Lockdown, you are 100% correct. I won't get into the details about it on a forum. I know you IT guys are the missing element in Windows. It's been apparent to me for 20 years, and it's still the case...

maxresdefault.jpg

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
All these guys bashing and criticizing Windows meanwhile since it's inception back in the 90's it became numero uno and has stayed there. Is there problems with Windows, sure, but damn they've been number one for a long time. Everyone can make a choice of which OS to use but everyone seems to be choosing Windows. I love my Windows 10 and continue use it. My machine (Old Betsy) is about 8 years old and it has never run so smooth and fast since the fall update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.