Is Yet another cleaner(YAC) malware?

Is Yet another cleaner(YAC) A good software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
YAC ? Rogue/Crapware

I dunno, but there's stuff going on with YAC at cnet's download.com section, with person/s writting a zillion 5 star reviews on what a miracle product it is :p Yeeeah ok...?!

I was going try this one, but after reading the "bad" reviews it got, I passed. Don't trust all those fake positive reviewers I saw.

JediMormon

Dec 15, 2014
I've been using YAC for several months now with no problems. What impressed me was when I first loaded it onto my computer. I had been having problems with something hijacking some of my Google Chrome pages and placing adds on them that were very difficult to get rid of. As soon as YAC was up and running, those problems disappeared almost immediately.

Hindami

May 29, 2017
I was used YAC on the past, around 2014-2016. First of my thinking, this antivirus is a malware by another antivirus. OK. Second, this antivirus is stealer from MalwareBytes. Hmmm... I was just heard that from Google Search, but i didn't believe if that's true. So, i take a decision to install YAC on my computer. Looks good. Less RAM taken than Avast. And at 2014, a new update from YAC, Ad-Blocker. What an update! I really started to enjoying with YAC that make my Notebook faster and faster. Because of YAC, i dont need again Avast, C-Cleaner, Ad-Blocker (Chrome Extention), PC Manager (for performance), much more. Now i use Avast, just for fun because someone said that Avast is free of a lifetime. #####, it's now ask to me for renew. Ergh... On my mind there are 4 option for another free after this Fake Avast. 1. Kapersky, 2. YAC, 3. F-Secure, 4. Tencent PC Manager.

Something i need from an AV in my notebook.
1. No Notification
2. Free
3. Ad Block
4. Anti Malware
5. Cleaner for Trash
6. No ads from the AV page

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.