Guide | How To ISO Files Merging

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
I have downloaded following iso files of Windows 8 from internet :
IR1_CPRA_X64FREV_ZH-TW_DV5
IR1_CPRA_X86FREV_ZH-TW_DV5
Is it possible to merge them together and burn into 1 DVD instead of 2 DVDs? If so, how can I preceed with the merging and please provide me with full working details if feasible? Do I have to re-label them too during merging process?
Thanks very much for your kind assistance!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Yes there is a way...

There is a free program called WinAIO Maker Professional from JoshCellSoftwares
http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/winaiomaker/

Capture12.JPG

1. You will need to extract you x86 ISO to a folder (for example) named Windowsx86 and do the same for x64 folder.
  • So you will have two folders with extracted ISO's named Windowsx86 and Windowsx64
  • You can extract the ISO's using 7zip or other favorite archiving software, or there are options to do that within the program itself, you will find an option "ISO2Folder"
2. Then the step 1 in the screenshot comes...
  • Open WinAIO Maker Pro, and you will need to click on "Select Wim's"
  • Navigate to the Windowsx86 folder and you will find a .wim file in the "sources" subfolder, select it
  • Now again, do the same with Windowsx64 folder...
3. Save all changes like step 2 in the screenshot. It will show you that it has merged those setups into one

4. Now you will need to create a single ISO from those two. Just click "Save all into ISO" like step 3 in the screenshot and provide the destination where you want to save the ISO.

This will not guarantee that the final ISO will fit on a single DVD (it depends on the architecture, compression, and other things, in the past I was able to create a single Windows 8.1 Pro with both x86 and x64 setups and it had a weight of 4.35 GB, so it could fit on a single layer DVD, but like I said, it depends how many Windows Updates are already integrated into setups )

You can also, select the "Enable x64 Recovery Mode" in the left upper corner of the program so you can use recovery options from 64bit setup of the ISO. It could take more space but it's usefull

Enjoy ;)

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
BoraMurdar: Recently I have posted my request in MyDigitalLife Forum to seek advice from Joshcell since April but no reply till now! Thanks for your help and will study the detailed steps provided and try if I can work it out. If there is any querries, I will post here again for your good advice again. Many thanks!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
BoraMurdar: Recently I have posted my request in MyDigitalLife Forum to seek advice from Joshcell since April but no reply till now! Thanks for your help and will study the detailed steps provided and try if I can work it out. If there is any querries, I will post here again for your good advice again. Many thanks!
You are welcome, I do not have ISO's at my HDD to record all the steps to show you in detail, so I had to do it this way. I am glad I could help :)

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
When I try to run the software this morning, an error message appears with "unable to find a version of the
runtime to run this application". Is there any accompanied tool to work along with this software or something is missing to permit it to work properly.
Thanks a lot for the assistance!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
When I try to run the software this morning, an error message appears with "unable to find a version of the
runtime to run this application". Is there any accompanied tool to work along with this software or something is missing to permit it to work properly.
Thanks a lot for the assistance!
What is your OS?

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
My OS is Windows XP Pro SP3. I have installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4 and 4 Extended but not 3.5. Do I need to install that 3.5 as well . Thanks in advance!

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
BoraMurdar : Now I have installed .NET Framework 3.5 but on top Microsoft installed additionally 1.0 (SP1 & SP2) and 2.0 (SP1 & SP2)as well automatically. I will then try to merge them and find what's the result. One more thing, can those ISO files run automatically after the dvd is inserted into the computer? If not, can this be done or what process to be performed? Thanks!

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
ismethere: those files are in Traditional chinese(i.e.Taiwanese and SAR citizens)
Many thanks for the referece guides and advice!

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Yes there is a way...

View attachment 11040

1. You will need to extract you x86 ISO to a folder (for example) named Windowsx86 and do the same for x64 folder.
  • So you will have two folders with extracted ISO's named Windowsx86 and Windowsx64
  • You can extract the ISO's using 7zip or other favorite archiving software, or there are options to do that within the program itself, you will find an option "ISO2Folder"
  • Navigate to the Windowsx86 folder and you will find a .wim file in the "sources" subfolder, select it
3. Save all changes like step 2 in the screenshot. It will show you that it has merged those setups into one

4. Now you will need to create a single ISO from those two. Just click "Save all into ISO" like step 3 in the screenshot and provide the destination where you want to save the ISO.

This will not guarantee that the final ISO will fit on a single DVD (it depends on the architecture, compression, and other things, in the past I was able to create a single Windows 8.1 Pro with both x86 and x64 setups and it had a weight of 4.35 GB, so it could fit on a single layer DVD, but like I said, it depends how many Windows Updates are already integrated into setups )

You can also, select the "Enable x64 Recovery Mode" in the left upper corner of the program so you can use recovery options from 64bit setup of the ISO. It could take more space but it's usefull

Enjoy ;)
I wonder why you are doing this simple thing so complicated? Why such a mess?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ismethere

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Yes there is a way...

View attachment 11040

Enjoy ;)
good info thx
can you remove feature from win cd to make it lite?

Reactions: BoraMurdar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.