Advice Request It seems there is no way to contact HitmanPro (Surfright) anymore ?

• Thread starter RoadRashWolfenstein
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
Hi there, this is my first post so please inform me if i made a mistake or whatever :rolleyes:

I'm not bashing or complaining about HitmanPro. I actually love their software and was planning on buying it, but i'm concerned with the fact that i can't find a way to contact them. A few months ago it was possible on their old website.

HitmanPro now have a brand new website, and it looks great. Except it seems that there is absolutely no way to contact them at all ! I've been looking all over their website and there are no e-mail, no contact form, no forum and no phone number. And their support page looks like a very short FAQ.

Also their Twitter haven't been updated since 2012. Only their Facebook page seems up to date with a possibility to send them a message.

Does it mean that i have to contact Sophos directly if i have any issue ? Or is their a contact link directly on their software ? My only concern is in case i need to reset the license if i reformat the computer or have a problem and i can't contact them.

Their software is one of the best but they should provide a way to reach them :confused:

R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
Thanks a lot @Wave @Aura @shmu26 for your replies. I'll try and contact them on the email your provided to ask them directly what's going on. I guess it's because SurfRight has been bought buy Sophos, so maybe they are updating how to contact them.

Or the webmaster of their new site forget the "contact us" page :p

Anyway HitmanPro is one of the best on demand scanner in my opinion so i still like them ;)

R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
Just to update the thread, they have now added a contact email clearly visible at the top of the support page.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or if they read my post, but anyway i'm very happy with that. HitmanPro is an amazing product and it is good to know that there's a way to contact them.

Thanks again @Wave @Aura @shmu26 for your previous answers and Happy New Year :D

Here's a screenshot of the Support Page:
GefSo

Reactions: shmu26 and Wave
W

Wave

Thread author
I don't know if it's a coincidence or if they read my post, but anyway i'm very happy with that. HitmanPro is an amazing product and it is good to know that there's a way to contact them.
To be honest they probably saw this thread, and since I tagged Erik he would have gotten a notification and most likely viewed the thread also. Most AV companies have employees dedicated to handling the social networking aspects of things since it attracts new visitors via advertisements of posting/building a fan base, so they probably go around on security forums to gather new feedback opinions, too.

Reactions: RoadRashWolfenstein
R

RoadRashWolfenstein

Thread author
To be honest they probably saw this thread, and since I tagged Erik he would have gotten a notification and most likely viewed the thread also. Most AV companies have employees dedicated to handling the social networking aspects of things since it attracts new visitors via advertisements of posting/building a fan base, so they probably go around on security forums to gather new feedback opinions, too.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me and of the info, i didn't knew AV companies operated that way ;)

I'm both glad I've been able to help them improve their support page and impressed by their dedication to customer satisfaction. Definitely a trustworthy company.

Reactions: Wave
W

Wave

Thread author
I'm both glad I've been able to help them improve their support page and impressed by their dedication to customer satisfaction. Definitely a trustworthy company.
HitmanPro are now a Sophos company. :)

They are still operating how they used to I think, just they are owned by Sophos now - this is why they changed the website and other things, probably part of the transition I think.

Reactions: RoadRashWolfenstein

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Just to update the thread, they have now added a contact email clearly visible at the top of the support page.

Thanks again @Wave @Aura @shmu26 for your previous answers and Happy New Year :D

Here's a screenshot of the Support Page:
GefSo
Their support email never changed even after the acquisition. Actually reached out to them earlier today about an issue I'm having. I have HMP.alert that includes HMP,(which are both great software) but their support response times is where they are lacking I believe. So be prepared to wait a little.

On a side note is anyone else experiencing issues with contextual scans and nested folders? When I try scanning a folder, it only scans the files in the main folder and ignores all the other sub folders within it. I tried it with a folder with no files in the main folder and 500+ files in a sub folder, and it just sits there for a while saying initializing and then skips straight to the last window showing no files were scanned.

Reactions: Wave and shmu26

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Quick update in regards to contextual scan issue. Received word back from HMP support, and they said this is normal behavior. This is unfortunate IMO. I advised her of Zemana AM and asked her to relay the feature request to the devs, in which the default scan will scan all the typical areas in which malware is usually found but if you right click a folder or drive it will conduct a full scan and scan all the files, but I haven't heard back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.