ITarian/COMODO One RMM solution change of pricing from free to paid

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Cost -Neutral IT Management

At ITarian we strive to bring you the essential platform and tools needed to manage either your own IT department or your customer’s IT infrastructure. That means, RMM (Remote Monitoring Management), Remote Access, Patch Management, SNMP, and much more.

We initially achieved this Cost Neutrality by not having a “commercial relationship” with users and not charging.

Now we have over 16,000 MSPs and Enterprises (as of Sept 2019) using the platform on a daily basis to manage their IT infrastructure.

Challenges we faced with the Free Model vs Cost Neutral Model

Mid to Large MSPs and Enterprises started demanding a commercial relationship in order to achieve the SLAs they provide for their customers. For Mid to Large level MSPs and Enterprises it was more about SLAs vs free. It was only fair that such a critical infrastructure/tool that affected their SLA should also provide an SLA under a commercial agreement.

That’s when the ITarian Product Management Team started thinking about providing a Cost Neutral model but also providing an SLA for everyone! Soon there had to be a commercial relationship with our userbase for the upcoming launch of our Marketplace. We naturally expect the people we benefit by providing a cost neutral infrastructure, to support us by using our marketplace (which will be very reasonable).

So, What’s the Idea?

We charge $1.25 per endpoint per month (MSPs please apply for MSP discounted rate), but we will reimburse your spending, dollar for dollar, by deducting all of your spending on the following products

100% Re-imbursement on the following products:

1)Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP)
2)Comodo Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)

Marketplace Re-imbursement:
TBA

Just as I was about to test them out with my office enviroment. :cry:

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

LOL Comodo is on the brink of bankrupt or what? (or maybe its CEO needs a new 10millions villa or sport car)...LOL
Comodo IS become paid, and now this...i bet selling certificates isn't so beneficial lately.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
LOL Comodo is on the brink of bankrupt or what? (or maybe its CEO needs a new 10millions villa or sport car)...LOL
Comodo IS become paid, and now this...i bet selling certificates isn't so beneficial lately.

Do you mean that Comodo Firewall is no longer free?
Their website is confusing with "Free" words everywhere and leading to only "Free" trials. :sleep:

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Do you mean that Comodo Firewall is no longer free?
Their website is confusing with "Free" words everywhere and leading to only "Free" trials. :sleep:
Get Comodo Antivirus and Firewall Bundle for $4.99/year

to be honest i didnt bother to install it and verify, but when i see that, for me, it is not free and i wont spend 1 more minute to check it out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.