Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Souk,

Welcome to MalwareTips!

Let's see what's going on:

STEP 1: Let's check if there any malicious profiles installed on your Mac:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
  2. When the System Preferences window opens, search for the Profiles icon.
    If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal and you can continue with the next steps.
  3. If there’s a Profile icon, click on it and select any suspicious profile that you want to remove, and then press the – (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

STEP 2: Run a scan with Malwarebytes for Mac (Free) - Malwarebytes for Mac — Mac Antivirus Replacement

Please run a new scan with Malwarebytes Free, and let me know what it has found.

Kingcat11

Nov 28, 2020
I just got the malware Cyber Search on my Chrome browser. I've tried all the manual steps recommended. and I downloaded - Malwarebytes for Mac and ran it. Nothing has worked. Am I stuck going to the Mac store to have them remove it?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.