Question Have anybody heard about Orion?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
2 days ago, I discovered a new browser, that should be even lighter than Safari(!). It's called Orion, and what I have seen until now is fantastic. First of, it has an adblocker inbuildt that gave me 99% on the adblock test site from Toolz. IOW just as good and light, as uBlock Origin! Inbuildt.

Not only that, it can take a lot of extensions and the performance is really exceptionally fast. I have been very happy for Safari, but this browser blow Safari out of the water. Compared to browsers like Chrome and Edge, this one is so light that you got to try it yourself.

If you use a Mac or Macbook, try this awesome browser. A lot of my daily experience is that it's a lot like Safari, just on steroids. It's amazing to use a Chrome browser, and then try to use Orion. It's simply blazingly fast. Try it Mac folks. :)

It's in Beta now, but I have met no errors or mistakes. It's very stable.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience with Orion! It's always exciting to find a new browser that enhances our online experience. It seems Orion offers a great blend of performance, lightness, and functionality. It's good to know it's working well in its Beta phase. I'm sure many Mac users will be eager to give it a try.

Reactions: Nevi and Jack

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
have not tried it yet but here's more info from Apple store...

Orion is a fast, free, web browser for iPhone and iPad with no ads, no telemetry. Check also Orion for your Mac desktop.
Orion has been engineered from ground up as a truly privacy-respecting browser. We did it by embracing a simple principle - Orion is a zero telemetry browser. Your private information will never leave Orion

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.