I've been impressed with Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
I've been so impressed with emsisoft anti-malware. I currently have a license to bitdefender family play but there were some issues with bitdefender & WSL (windows subsystem for linux) so I decided to give emsisoft a run and I was impressed. It has just the right amount of notifications for me. I don't like no notifications like bitdefender autopilot gives you but again don't like to be constantly spammed with notifications. Emsisoft is just right. Bitdefender is also very limited on the ability to tweak things. Emsisoft gain i think its just right. Not crazy tweakable like Kaspersky but not severely limited like bitdefender.

The other day Emsisoft reported a false positive with Jetbrain's Resharper Ultimate. I reported it and to my surprise, within 2 days I got a notification that emsisoft they had rescanned my quarantine after a definition update and said it was false positive and asked me if would like to restore the files. Wow that's awesome they responded to me so quickly after I reported the false positive. I have been reporting "chocolatey" to Zemana for months as a false positive but today its still being reported as malware on my scans.

The only issue with Emsisoft, at least in the US, is the price. I can get great deals on Kaspersky, Norton, or Bitdefender. Emsisoft is quite a bit pricier and I haven't seen much in terms of discount and how much I wish they had a family plan like Bitdefender does. My issue is that I run a large # of VMs and buying a license for each VM is impractical.

P

plat1098

Wow that's awesome they responded to me so quickly after I reported the false positive.

That's pretty impressive response time. On the support forum, responses by personnel are usually 24 hours and in retrospect, their replies to some of my more stupid inquiries were so courteous and professional. I'd say it was a factor in keeping me loyal.

Good going, Emsisoft. :)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I've been so impressed with emsisoft anti-malware. I currently have a license to bitdefender family play but there were some issues with bitdefender & WSL (windows subsystem for linux) so I decided to give emsisoft a run and I was impressed. It has just the right amount of notifications for me. I don't like no notifications like bitdefender autopilot gives you but again don't like to be constantly spammed with notifications. Emsisoft is just right. Bitdefender is also very limited on the ability to tweak things. Emsisoft gain i think its just right. Not crazy tweakable like Kaspersky but not severely limited like bitdefender.

The other day Emsisoft reported a false positive with Jetbrain's Resharper Ultimate. I reported it and to my surprise, within 2 days I got a notification that emsisoft they had rescanned my quarantine after a definition update and said it was false positive and asked me if would like to restore the files. Wow that's awesome they responded to me so quickly after I reported the false positive. I have been reporting "chocolatey" to Zemana for months as a false positive but today its still being reported as malware on my scans.

The only issue with Emsisoft, at least in the US, is the price. I can get great deals on Kaspersky, Norton, or Bitdefender. Emsisoft is quite a bit pricier and I haven't seen much in terms of discount and how much I wish they had a family plan like Bitdefender does. My issue is that I run a large # of VMs and buying a license for each VM is impractical.

Based on what I understand as your years of subscription goes on the cost get lower. Perhaps you can negotiate with Emsisoft team for bulk purchases for a better pricing?

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
Personally Emsisoft has a great line of products and is one of the companies that has really gained my full support (many don't even meet what I need). Emsisoft does have False Positives from time to time but I have noticed that they make sure they get fixed ASAP. In terms of discounts, I'd just keep an eye out but if anything you can always go to eBay (or Amazon?) and search for the product. One of the other things I really like about Emsisoft is that their devs/team members communicate in online communities and aren't scarce about taking suggestions and helping others improve their security.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I got my Emsisoft license from ebay, there's a few left still for 8 bucks.
Be careful, after I bought it and added to emsisoft licence center, Thomas Ott from Emsisoft, told me that they can't transfer license time back and forth (EAM/EIS), because it was generated through referral system. It's safe to buy from resellers Emsisoft | Stores: Buy From a Local Reseller

I have been reporting "chocolatey" to Zemana for months as a false positive but today its still being reported as malware on my scans.
You can report false positives to Zemana here as well Zemana False Positive Report Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have personally never used it but going by the comments i see on here, then it sounds like a real keeper and i have seen numerous posts about how quickly the Emsisoft team respond to queries. I'm pretty sure that @Fabian Wosar replied to a thread last week (i just can't find it) regarding "a family pack" type deal and he said he would forward that request to the people who decide, so i guess if you keep an eye out, it may well happen (y)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Emsisoft is solid. It not only offers a great, decent protection and detection system, but it does not compromise your system's performance. Support, as i experienced, was really helpful, quick and efficient. Can compare to Norton, which right now is chatting with me via Twitter since a month ago trying to resolve an issue on their free product Norton Power Eraser.

Only thing i didn't like from Emsisoft was the bug counter. I encountered a several ammount of bugs with Windows, that made me drop the product, but they're probably fixed by now or were only affecting my specific system. You cannot go wrong here.

D

Deleted member 178

Thanks guys for your kind words. Indeed our motto would be "efficiency via simplicity" and help people the best we can. :D

I believe all VM users has this issue with any softwares.
If i can ask, what kind of task you do on VMs to need a EAM license on each? malware testing?

I have personally never used it but going by the comments i see on here, then it sounds like a real keeper and i have seen numerous posts about how quickly the Emsisoft team respond to queries.
Yes, we do our best to solve issues as fast as we can.
Im always present here and in some other popular forums (except when i sleep hahaha), so just quote me, and i will reply.

I'm pretty sure that @Fabian Wosar replied to a thread last week (i just can't find it) regarding "a family pack" type deal and he said he would forward that request to the people who decide, so i guess if you keep an eye out, it may well happen (y)
I think it was me :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have personally never used it but going by the comments i see on here, then it sounds like a real keeper and i have seen numerous posts about how quickly the Emsisoft team respond to queries. I'm pretty sure that @Fabian Wosar replied to a thread last week (i just can't find it) regarding "a family pack" type deal and he said he would forward that request to the people who decide, so i guess if you keep an eye out, it may well happen (y)

I think it was me :p[/QUOTE]

Ooops, apologies @Umbra , i knew i had read it, pity i got the wrong person though.

Reactions: L S
D

Deleted member 178

Ooops, apologies @Umbra , i knew i had read it, pity i got the wrong person though.
it is fine, not much a problem to me, at least the user got an answer from an Emsisoft's representative which is what we prioritize. :)

Reactions: L S

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It is nice to see, that many MalwareTips members like Emsisoft software (me too). I did not have any problems with the old Mamutu or EAM.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.