Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Zemana Anti-Logger
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Google Chrome (In case of emergencies)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
Kaspersky Software Updater
ExpressVPN
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
Windows Backup, External HD
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Sorry if this doesn't make sense I haven't really made a fourm on here before :p
Nice configuration, but turn User Account Control to either Default or Always Notify, also state if you have Zemana Anti-Malware Free or Premium, if you have free it is just an on-demand scanner, not real-time protection.

You could also add other browser extensions like uBlock Origin, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere or Web of Trust :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Well most of it I personally feel is false positives. For example, Format Factory is legit however I have had many "suspicous" warnings from Hitmanpro and Zemana AntiMalware

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Well most of it I personally feel is false positives. For example, Format Factory is legit however I have had many "suspicous" warnings from Hitmanpro and Zemana AntiMalware
If you get false positive detections then that is not a malware infection.

Reactions: DJ Panda
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I use Avast's Password Protector I usually don't save my passwords reguardless on computer.

Btw, I had been trying to optimize my computer speed do you think this guy is reliable?

Yes, but just run CCleaner and Windows Disk Clean-Up your PC will be fast anyway :) the Anti-Viruses and Anti-Malwares you use are light :)

CCleaner link: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup513.exe
Windows Disk Clean-Up is built in :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thanks man how do I get those ads that display what I use? Under your profile?
It is your signature, hover over your name in the top right and click signature, you can edit it :) If 'signature' is not there then ask a staff member to change it.

P.S: when asking some-one something or replying quote them. e.g: @Anti-Malware Reviewer

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I use Avast's Password Protector I usually don't save my passwords reguardless on computer.

Btw, I had been trying to optimize my computer speed do you think this guy is reliable?

He does say its to make it fast, not secure. So:

Step 1 - Turning off Visual Effects.
Step 2 - Turning off Windows 10 Data Collection.
Step 3 - Turning off Unnecessary Startup Items.
Step 4 - Turning off Unnecessary Services or Setting them to Manual.
Step 5 - Checking for and Removing Malware.
Step 6 - Regular HDD? Defrag it.
Step 7 - Windows 10 sounds.
Step 8 - Windows 10 updates.
Step 9 - Grab an SSD!
Step 10 - OPTIONAL - Disable Antivirus.
Step 11 - OPTIONAL - Turn off System Restore.

10th and 11th step is totally out of the question.

Step 1 is based on user discretion.

Step 3: depends on what startup items you have. I hardly have any by default.
Step 4: Unless you know what you are doing, I would avoid this. If confident, visit: Black Viper’s Windows 10 Service Configurations

Unlike windows XP, there is not much you can do to speed it up but its mainly step 3 and 4 that you are looking at. That is about it.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You're got some really nice real-time protection software there.
With Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit actively protecting your browsers from vulnerability exploits, there is little chance for malware to find a gateway to your PC.
Of course, make sure you practice safe surfing habits as much as possible, and you should never have to worry about any malware infection.

Great config, thanks for sharing it with us! :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good to your configuration, consider to have a backup browser in case of emergency.

With your favorite extensions you put including adblocker, in terms of backup you may expand by using the built in features of Windows for system image or 3rd party programs. The more the better you can access to revert any changes.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

you should consider a system backup.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey I wanted to put this out here but I had to wipe my computer for the 2nd time since I got it on Black Friday. Is it a clash between Avast and Malwarebytes because both seem to use my CPU a lot more than anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Hey I wanted to put this out here but I had to wipe my computer for the 2nd time since I got it on Black Friday. My older brother thinks its a clash between Avast and Malwarebytes because both seem to use my CPU a lot more than anything.
I don't think Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Avast conflict with each other.
Try setting exclusions for each other in their settings, nonetheless.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.