Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Zemana Anti-Logger
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Google Chrome (In case of emergencies)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
Kaspersky Software Updater
ExpressVPN
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
Windows Backup, External HD

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Which do you think I would have more use for? I mean my config is basic and probably good for me. I thought Hitman Pro

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Which do you think I would have more use for? I mean my config is basic and probably good for me. I thought Hitman Pro
You don't need HMP. A BETA because you have MBAE, so here's the link to the BETA - bear in mind BETA's can cause serious problems and contain large bugs! the link is above in this thread :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Anyone know if I should replace Zemana AntiMalware for Bit Defender or do you think i'm good?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Anyone know if I should replace Zemana AntiMalware for Bit Defender or do you think i'm good?
Which BitDefender product are you referring to, specifically?

Zemana Anti-Malware utilizes 10 different AV engines for scanning (including BitDefender) so I believe that replacing it with BitDefender will cause you to lose the protection from the extra 9 engines.
Also, the BitDefender security suites are known to have a large memory footprint (as far as I known, BitDefender may use a few hundreds of megabytes of RAM) so they are also not the lightest alternative to ZAM.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@J Gamez065: Zemana AM can be use as on demand scanner and disable the realtime protection instead, now in the case of AV they are some information about performance where resource is consume more resources compare to others.

Why not stick to Avast Free? it performs well on the system stability.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
ZAM is fairly good in my opinion. I am used to MBAM more though. I was recommended it so I decided to add it. But is my basic config of the Malwarebytes, Avast, and ZAM good enough?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
ZAM is fairly good in my opinion. I am used to MBAM more though. I was recommended it so I decided to add it. But is my basic config of the Malwarebytes, Avast, and ZAM good enough?
The overall setup you mentioned is great. Reinforce it with proper surfing habits and you're good to go. ;)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Sorry if everyone is getting sick of my blabbering but is there any way to backup my computer from a system image without spending $300 and not pirating?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

@J Gamez065 I have to admit your configuration is amazing :) The only thing you should do is turn User Account Control to 'Always Notify' because it runs at a kernel-level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
UPDATE REMOVED: AdwareCleaner, and Hitmanpro
REASON: Not needed

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Question what Virtual Machine OS should I use for testing malware? XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@J Gamez065: Windows 7 is still fine to use as your VM Test but for better performance and direct test of built in features then go for Windows 10.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Computer hs possibly kicked the bucket after I had printed and shut down computer. Booted up normal then did some HP Software Update restarted and computer is not working. Fairly positive wasn't suffering from an infection. Going to try to replace it. Anyone have any issues with Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomeware and or Zemana? Those were fairly new things added to config. I have also had people say that my config has too many things such as anti-virus and anti-malware and I should just choose one.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
UPDATE: Removed Zemana Anti malware
Possible glitches enjoyed while using. 9.5/10

UPDATE should I not use MBAR until it is out of beta and wait for its true relase or integrated into MBAM?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.