Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Avast Free Anti-Virus (Tweaked Settings)
Zemana Anti-Logger
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Google Chrome (In case of emergencies)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
Kaspersky Software Updater
ExpressVPN
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
Windows Backup, External HD

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Ugg want to use Crystal Security and HerdProtect but they probably will make stuff worse.

Reactions: Logethica

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey so I was browsing a wiki for a TV show and this popped up from Avast what should I do? I was running in Sandboxie

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 327

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
What do you guys think of me adding unchecky to my security software. I do download a lot and sometimes end up getting a pup or two if I am totally half asleep. :p

A

Alkajak

If you think your system can handle one more relatively light constantly running process, then it sounds beneficial to you to install it.

Reactions: DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
If you think your system can handle one more relatively light constantly running process, then it sounds beneficial to you to install it.

In terms of sloudons and computer problems there are usually none u nless I use a different AV besides Avast. Shame Kasoerskys really good and have always wanted to use it.. Oh well.

Added UnChecky!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@J Gamez065: I think no need to worry much, usually even though we visit those common sites daily; the problem relies always are advertisements and trackers trying to bypass.

So having a decent security program is not a bad idea, to detect any rare intrusions.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
REMOVED
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (May come back)
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomeware BETA
(Software from the best security company I know it will be hard but they weren't really doing anything as I wasnt doing anything risky on my computer) As it says in @Umbra 's layered security guide an Anti-Exploit is very inportant I may go back to it at some point.. Hopefully I won't have to install MBARW again as it will eventually be integrated into MBAM. Once ZAM liscense is through I have three options. 1. ( May win in the Zemana giveaway gl everyone :) ) 2. ( I am asking for ZAM for my birthday if I don't win unless ) 3. (I just go back to my lifetime liscense of MBAM and either remove or scan with ZAM.)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Been awhile since I did a config update!
Having fun switching between browsers

Google Chrome (Avast Website Rater Avast Passwords)
Avast SafeZone Browser (Everything but Adblocker Enabled)
Microsoft Edge (Default)

Finally stopped using Malwarebytes R.I.P

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Been awhile since I did a config update!
Having fun switching between browsers

Google Chrome (Avast Website Rater Avast Passwords)
Avast SafeZone Browser (Everything but Adblocker Enabled)
Microsoft Edge (Default)

Finally stopped using Malwarebytes R.I.P
Have you tried Vivaldi browser yet it has a lot of promise. ;)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
NEW CHANGES

-Apparently have the Pro version of Win 10 on my computer I had originally assumed I had the Home one
-REMOVED Chrome and Avast Safezone! (Possibly temporary but pretty happy using Edge and its reward program)
Also removed Defraggler

Alternating between Bing and Google search engines in Edge Bing gives points and I need Google for specific important searches and logging out of my google account.

Decided to reinstall the OS from scratch all my protection is on my main HD while I have a second constantly connected for games and other programs I use

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Whelp here we are again! :p

Replaced Zemana Anti-Logger for Malwarebytes 3.0 Protection (Just a test nothing is ever final for me..)
Both Zemana Anti-Logger and Malwarebytes 3.0 (Rootkit scanning enabled) for catching any nasties.

Although I still believe Zemana Anti-Logger to possibly give more protection. (I haven't gotten infected since coming onto MT maybe even latter.)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
REMOVED: Malwarebytes 3.0 just going to use Zemana and Avast as scanners.

ADDED Google Chrome for sites that need extra speed. Sticking to Edge as I'm happy with it. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.