64-bit OS
Security Updates
Automatic Updates - All security and feature updates
User Access Control
Always Notify
Firewall
3rd-party Firewall - Network security provided by a trusted vendor
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Standard - User has some control over the settings
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
Malware on a secure VM - Full Network and File isolation
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
ESET Internet Security 2019 with Sandboxed Browser
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Custom - Minor changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser, HitmanPro & EKK
Browsers and Extensions
Google Chrome with uBlock Origin with additional filters & Lastpass
Web Privacy
uBlock Origin with additional filters & F-Secure Freedome VPN.
Password Management
Lastpass
Default Web Search
Google
System Utilities
None
Data Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup Free with External HDD
Frequency of Data backups
Weekly
System Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup Free with External HDD
Frequency of System backups
Regularly
Computer Activity
Gaming
Banking
Browsing Internet and email
Watch movies and other video content on the Internet
Malware testing
Office and work related tasks
Programming
Computer Specifications
ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW
Intel i7-6700 HQ @ 2.6Ghz
16GB RAM
512 SSD

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
No system utilities at least you can add CCleaner:D
The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.
  • Late-2018 builds of Windows 10, allow basic optimisations such as an updated version of 'Disk Clean-up', now called 'Free up space now' under Storage Sense. It's lightening fast on SSD.
  • Every web browser allows users to manage stored cookies, cache, history and permissions, with finer controls to erase data from a certain date. Extensions can these a step further.
  • Third-party uninstallers allow users to clear up leftover files on disk and registry.
Most 3rd party system cleaners are either (or all) of the following:
  • Overrated - generally from loyal users circa. 2001 and cannot give it up
  • Bloatware - non-essentials features
  • Adware - toolbars, in-app sponsored adverts, extra software before main installation
Whether you're an Expert or Beginner, recommending the wrong software is bad practice, and potentially dangerous.

jackwilli

Level 2
The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.
  • Late-2018 builds of Windows 10, allow basic optimisations such as an updated version of 'Disk Clean-up', now called 'Free up space now' under Storage Sense. It's lightening fast on SSD.
  • Every web browser allows users to manage stored cookies, cache, history and permissions, with finer controls to erase data from a certain date. Extensions can these a step further.
  • Third-party uninstallers allow users to clear up leftover files on disk and registry.
Most 3rd party system cleaners are either (or all) of the following:
  • Overrated - generally from loyal users circa. 2001 and cannot give it up
  • Bloatware - non-essentials features
  • Adware - toolbars, in-app sponsored adverts, extra software before main installation
Whether you're an Expert or Beginner, recommending the wrong software is bad practice, and potentially dangerous.
Hello sir, I am using laptop or computer since last month for first time. You can't even put me in beginner group:ROFLMAO:. And you are administrator of this site so i am not even comparable to your shadow. But as a windows or i should say PC learner,like me CCleaner is required till they know about windows inside settings and common commands. I know that mostly all system optimizers are just crap. But CCleaner has no issue like that. But as you said windows 10 has all those features inbuilt so I am going to remove ccleaner as i find them and become familiar with. After all I think I would be youngest here so I need all your advises so please keep me informed if i post something wrong or inappropriate.

Thanks.

Nevi

Level 3
Verified
Great config Jack. I have started to user a standard account too. And with Esets suite nobody are going to get through your computer. At least it's unlikely.:unsure:

Reactions: harlan4096