jamescv7's config

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
James what is the specific reason for using puppy linux? Try mint or xubuntu. You have a low powered pc or you just wanted a fast and zippy OS you tried puppy linux?. IF size and speed matters i would go with Damn Small Linux. LOL its just a 80mb download. James you can also try Zenwalk. Good xfce based distro have used it couple of times on a live cd.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
You have a low powered pc or you just wanted a fast and zippy OS you tried puppy linux?

He is using Puppy Linux. :huh:

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well my older brother recommended this OS due to interesting features, and I think Puppy Linux would fit on it.

Caused its running in RAM which a good advantage, faster boot up and shutdown, important application are also installed. And sometimes I've experienced freeze due to my hardware problems that exist for more than a 5-10 years. (But I will wait for one year to have a new laptop or tablet :D)

My Windows XP was having a quite restarts for unknown reasons thus I've dual boot with Puppy Linux.

The overall looks of this OS is fine for me and made adjustments for using it.

And our internet is 4Mbps thus the download size for Puppy Linux isn't a deal at all. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
SkyDrive is now included from my backup for important files since 7GB is really a good start, also I will not let down for using Dropbox since it gives an additional 2GB Space which it isn't full yet.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
James if you were an old hotmail user you would have got 25GB like I did. I am having 25GB space on skydrive. Config looks good James. Better buy a new laptop or upgrade your desky.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well unfortunately I forgot my old hotmail username and password thus I cannot grabbed 25GB since i just registered a new account.

Actually this desktop will be used someday with my parents and after graduation I may have a new laptop with the latest OS and hardware as possible. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Added Google Drive for my tertiary online backup. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It's been a long time since my last visit and lots of changes were occurred on my configuration.

Windows XP SP3

Due on PC Tools Firewall Plus retiring firewall product, suggested to removed it and add BufferZone Pro alongside my Avast AV Free.

Also I've decided to install Peppermint OS on my local disk D partition so nothing made a problems and its really easy to use at all. :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
PC Tools FW is still a wonderful product even though they discontinued it

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Indeed, although the way of being effective isn't too powerful than before due on modern attacks developed, so since I've kept everything private (my desktop) then its time to remove a product when I could handle it already.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The desktop machine which I used for about 4-5 years is in the preparation to bring it in Philippines thus my brother might do something it.

And my Samsung Ultrabook will be my primary used at any purpose. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.