jamescv7's Desktop

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
2ia91fn.png

Well this is my old desktop and its like 9 years or more, So many issues have been here and still its stable and working. As i have only two years left in high school and leaved this my computer and have a new laptop.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
1GB of Ram....you should be very carefull with your Ram Usage.
When I had 2GB RAM on XP SP3,I've stoped some "not need it" services from running.... I remember that I had like only 10 processes while "on idle" in my task manager :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No problem in 1GB of ram caused I disable so many startups so processes here is like 35 processes and running smooth.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions but 1GB is enough for me :) actually I use only for having some school works during school days and I didn't played games here nor installed caused surely the issue will persist but now none.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice setup James...like the others have said...i would upgrade to 2GB ram

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well planning to change my current CPU but not sure when or if possible.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Can only change your cpu if your mobo allows it. But most of the modern day cpu's are not compatible with your current mobo. So you really need a whole new pc.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes that CPU will replaced even that Motherboard (its too old also) but as I said its not sure.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
But you need to figure what cpu you can upgrade to. But since you have a P4 all you can upgrade to is another P4 and P4's are long gone.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Dieselman said:
But you need to figure what cpu you can upgrade to. But since you have a P4 all you can upgrade to is another P4 and P4's are long gone.

That is true...that is why I am trying to save up...so I can get myself a better machine

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I mean is that the CPU is new all are new even the motherboard will change to new and probably no longer as P4 (that mobo last change is like 5-6 years)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
That also means a new PSU and ram since your current bus speed is not what new mobo's run at. So your that basically means a whole new system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.