Crypto Opinions & News Japan's LINE Kills it's Crypto Exchange Bitfront

Disclaimer: Any information contained on this forum is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment, financial, trading or other sort of advice.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Popular Japanese messaging app Line on Monday announced the closure of its US cryptocurrency exchange business, Bitfront, citing an increased focus on blockchain-related business.

As of Monday, new signups and credit card payments on Bitfront were suspended, trading will be halted on December 30, and withdrawals will be allowed until March 31, 2023. The company said that despite its efforts to overcome challenges in a rapidly evolving industry, shutting the business segment was necessary to "continue growing the Line blockchain ecosystem and Link token economy." Line clarified that the decision was made in "the best interest of the Line blockchain ecosystem" and is completely unrelated to any cases of crypto "misconduct."

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Recently, I have the impression that LINE is a messaging app for companies and stores. There are too many ads anyway.

I think I lost sight of my original role in trying to do various things. Young people, who were the core of the user base, moved to Instagram and Tiktok, which have clear usage purposes.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.