jcraig's config

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'd get a new computer with a updated OS... Support for Xp has ended...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
End of Support for Windows XP SP3 is today.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/lifecycle

I strongly recommend upgrading to Window 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1. If you buy a PC with Windows 8, you can visit the Windows Store for the free upgrade to Windows 8.1. Reboot and check Windows Updates for the latest updates. You can then install (today's) Windows 8.1 Update (KB2919355), this should be installed to receive future security patches and updates.

Alternatively, you may not want to upgrade from Windows XP. So may I recommend switching to Linux; Ubuntu, Mint or another distro.

I noticed you're even using the old software such as Comodo Memory Firewall and Geswall. Geswall was an awesome piece of software, sad to see it not get updated.

No amount of security software can patch a vulnerable OS that is an open invite to exploits, hackers and cyber-criminals.

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with Huracan above.Definitely time to upgrade your OS.Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.