JHomes Ideapad 100S Security Config

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Looks good to me, maybe take a look at ZAM free as an on demand scanner it is very good ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

I would like to keep this as free as humanly possible. Pretty comparable to Emsisoft? Also tried googling, maybe I haven't had enough chocolate covered coffee beans, do you have a link?

As always, appreciate your feedback. I now have one Australian that I like. The other was Steve Irwin but be wasn't the brightest.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Config looks good! Thanks for sharing it :)
Since you already have EIS installed I would consider Zemana Antimalware as another on demand scanner.
Zemana Antimalware without real time protection is free and probably one of the best out there.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Hi @JHomes. I'm a little confused as to what real-time protection you have. Your profile says AVG AV, but your config says Emsisoft Internet Security. I may be wrong but I was under the impression Emsisoft recommend using EIS without an additional AV.

Also, you say you use Windows firewall, so is EIS firewall disabled?

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hello @JHomes. I suggest you to enable SmartScreen. It is a very useful security feature that can help prevent users (especially less-experienced users) from running applications they shouldn’t run.

Thanks for sharing your config. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.