Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Avast Free Antivirus (Moderate Hardened Mode), OSArmor 1.4.1
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Free 3.6.1 with Rootkit Scanning, Windows Defender Periodic, AdwCleaner

The following will be downloaded when necessary:
Norton Power Eraser
Hitman Pro

Bootable Avira Rescue System (In extreme cases)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome - Enhancer for Youtube, Netcraft, Nano Adblocker, HTTPS Everywhere, BTL, Decentralytes, Canvas Defender.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner v5.51.6939, Sysinternals Autoruns & Sysinternals Process Explorer, Revo Uninstaller 2.0.6, SysHardener, WinDirStat, Patch My PC Home Updater 4.1.0.1
File and Photo backup
USB Flash Drive, and External Portable HDD.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect 7 Free
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-pc.86407/

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
@oldschool - thanks for the suggestions. have to uninstall configure defender. Probably won't use WD as real-time, as I guess Avast in Hardened mode provides better security on a whole, if I need to, I can download it again.

UPDATE :
- uBlock Origin
- Configure Defender (doesn't help with periodic scanning)

+ Netcraft
+ Nano Adblocker
+ Nano Defender
Good updates! I'm also glad that your browsing habits are good as well.

Netcraft is amazing btw for phishing!

~LDogg

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Update:
Got to say i went overboard on the browser extensions for no apparent reason but here goes:
- Avast Online Security

+ Avira Browser Safety
+ Decentralytes
+ Privacy Possum
+ Random User-Agent
+ Canvas Defender

Reactions: harlan4096

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
- Avira Browser Safety
- Privacy Possum

+ Malwarebytes Extension
+ Cookie AutoDelete
+ Macrium Reflect 7 Free

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
/ Disabled MalwareBytes Extension (Some silly issues currently with it flagging new tab, virustotal, and other searches such as youtube, IGN, University site, and more, as Trojan)

+ Back to Avira for now.

UPDATE:

MBAM team seems to have fixed the issue quite quickly therefore i am now back to that :p

Last edited:

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
UPDATE:

Added Cloudflare IPV4 Preferred (1.1.1.1) and Alternative (1.0.0.1) DNS Servers through my Wireless Card properties.

My System is still classed as "Basic", ah doing my best to get it to Complete, not sure what else to do :p

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
UPDATE:

Added Cloudflare IPV4 Preferred (1.1.1.1) and Alternative (1.0.0.1) DNS Servers through my Wireless Card properties.

My System is still classed as "Basic", ah doing my best to get it to Complete, not sure what else to do :p
Nothing admin/mod need read it and verity setup once again... however at last better sit on local user instead of admin ^^

Reactions: JiSingh12

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
How comes you're using Tor if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly, no particular reason. It is just there if i need to browse something securely, for whatever reason, but that will probably be very very rare instances and right now i am not even sure what il use it for :p have not even decided, just got bored and decided to get it

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Honestly, no particular reason. It is just there if i need to browse something securely, for whatever reason, but that will probably be very very rare instances and right now i am not even sure what il use it for :p have not even decided, just got bored and decided to get it
Fair enough. Spur of the moment thing?

~LDogg

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Fair enough. Spur of the moment thing?

~LDogg

Yeah, definitely. I used to use it last year to just randomly browse the dark web, but some stuff was awfully scary at times :eek:

Last edited:

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
UPDATE:

Kept getting an Error with Sandboxie trying to Run Tor, therefore uninstalled it as apart from that, i did not really need it as i do not run any unrecognised programs or anything.

SOOO...

- Sandboxie (already :p)

+ Patch My PC Home Updater

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Not sure if i am allowed to do this or if there is an easier way to do this so will just do it as a comment.. I also have a Macbook Pro too if that is ok ?
(Early 2015 MBP, 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM, i5 2.7GHz)

Added - Macbook Pro Setup:
- Avast Free Antivirus
- Malwarebytes Free 3.4
- Ccleaner
- Chrome with Netcraft, HTTPS Everywhere, Canvas Defender, Nano Adblocker, and BTL

Last edited:

JiSingh12

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Not done much, been happy with the System tbh.

Updated:
- OSA to 1.4.1 Final
- Ccleaner to v5.51.6939
- Revo to 2.0.6

Removed/Added:
- Nano Defender (Using Nano Defender integration filter)
- Malwarebytes Extension
+ Bitdefender Trafficlight

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.