Advanced Plus Security JM Safe Config (2019)

Last updated
Dec 31, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Free, Sandboxie Free (sandboxed area wiped when closed), Zemana AntiLogger (Pandora enabled with realtime protection ON), Windows tweaks (disabled unnecessary extensions: .scr, .js, .jse, .vbs, etc., disabled SMB protocol, disabled RDP protocol), disabled Windows Script Host
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
uBlock Origin (adblocking), HTTPS Everywhere, Emsisoft Browser Security (to block malware, malicious URLs)
Maintenance tools
Defragmentation built in tool, chkdsk command, sfc /scannow
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Working from home
Computer specs
  • Intel Core i5 (2.70 Ghz)
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
  • HDD: 1 TB

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Nice Config, Thanks for sharing! I always wonder what devs or content creators run on their system.

MY opinion is that its secured, just a bit lacking on the privacy side. Might want to consider using XSS and a canvas block and avoid google =D, Sorry, I'm just anti facebook, google, MS activist, lol joking

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Nice Config, Thanks for sharing! I always wonder what devs or content creators run on their system.

MY opinion is that its secured, just a bit lacking on the privacy side. Might want to consider using XSS and a canvas block and avoid google =D, Sorry, I'm just anti facebook, google, MS activist, lol joking
I will evaluate about XSS and Canvas.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I think that your configuration is overkill on real-time protection because I do not think that Zemana AntiLogger is necessary - you're already using Kaspersky's Free Anti-Virus, Sandboxie and have made adjustments to Windows' settings to disable things, not to mention the browser extensions and on-demand scanners. ;)

Thanks for sharing your configuration with us all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I won't consider using the admin account as daily account a safe thing.
Maybe I'm too strict...
man, a little strict, if it is only the advanced, knows what is SUA, those who come to MT It would be rare to see one with that configuration.:giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.