Assigned Join Zemana Beta Group

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Zemana, I sent you a report w/two false positives (two Chrome extensions). Can you consider to add a back arrow to the user interface so we can go back to a desired page from, say, the feedback page? Example: I wasn't able to return directly to the scan results page from the feedback page. Do you think it would be worth it?

Edit: had to try twice to update ZAM to current version 3.0.676. It disappeared twice from the desktop before connecting.

Hi @plat1098,

Thank you for your suggestion. Its a good one. I will create a task for that and we will consider.

Could you successfully update it to v3.0.676? If not, let me know so we can check what might be the issue.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hi all,

v3.0.676 is here.

Release notes: In 2019 let’s clean that malware, shall we?

Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.676 Beta

Monday, January 28, 2019 2:13 PM
We are starting our public beta today!
  • Crash on startup caused by boot sector parsing is fixed
  • Illegal path issue affecting open file location for detection object is fixed
  • Report as Safe for browser extension files is activated
  • Disabled some tray notifications
  • Improvements on UI
  • Other minor fixes and improvements
Also don't forget to check out our new website design! :giggle:

Zemana - AntiMalware and AntiLogger Protection

and our public feedback board to track your bug reports and feature request.

Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 Beta Feedback Board

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Zemana: yes, it was fast and successful , however, the update was done via the very first beta: 3.0.5 to the latest and required two efforts as the whole thing would simply disappear from the desktop after clicking the Update Now button.

Did not see the changelog from before but to clarify: we users should manually whitelist any browser extension Zemana tags? I am mortally certain Emsi and Trace are safe and can do this myself but could you make an "official" statement?

Yes I totally agree with above: the cosmetics could use a boost but understand that this is not number 1 priority.

Edit: I have excluded the two and reported as safe, but they are still detected as malicious. Just letting you know.

Re-Edit: One needs to hit the green Apply button, now they are not detected. Sorry.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello @Miss Onnellisuus and team! First and to start with, thanks for introducing the beta. I know you've been working hard on this update and we appreciate as well your participation on the forums.

Still, I wish to know where we're heading? I'm failing to see much "update" from the previous version. A faster scan of the system? I was hoping to see a great solution to replace traditional antivirus, and so far I just see an on-demand scanner, as you've always been for most of us. No offense, please. I just wish to know what your plans are. So far it's just promises for me.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Accordingly as stated above, as right now it's a scanner only, is there a reason to have ZAM 3 enabled at startup by default? Also, as post #407 said, the new driver/s should be added and then it would be worthwhile, with real time protection, to enable it at startup and test it more thoroughly.

zam startup.PNG

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Zemana: yes, it was fast and successful , however, the update was done via the very first beta: 3.0.5 to the latest and required two efforts as the whole thing would simply disappear from the desktop after clicking the Update Now button.

Did not see the changelog from before but to clarify: we users should manually whitelist any browser extension Zemana tags? I am mortally certain Emsi and Trace are safe and can do this myself but could you make an "official" statement?

Yes I totally agree with above: the cosmetics could use a boost but understand that this is not number 1 priority.

Edit: I have excluded the two and reported as safe, but they are still detected as malicious. Just letting you know.

Re-Edit: One needs to hit the green Apply button, now they are not detected. Sorry.

@plat1098 , If you are certain some browser extensions are safe, you can always report them as safe which will automatically also whitelist these files. Then these files will be re analyzed on our side.

We are open to make changes on the UI but as you say, we want to focus on solving the problem first. Cosmetics are not the priority at the moment. Still, we will give you the best design possible.

And yes, when you are reporting (or any other scan action), you have to apply selected action to take affect.

Let me know if i can answer anything else.

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
Hello @Miss Onnellisuus and team! First and to start with, thanks for introducing the beta. I know you've been working hard on this update and we appreciate as well your participation on the forums.

Still, I wish to know where we're heading? I'm failing to see much "update" from the previous version. A faster scan of the system? I was hoping to see a great solution to replace traditional antivirus, and so far I just see an on-demand scanner, as you've always been for most of us. No offense, please. I just wish to know what your plans are. So far it's just promises for me.

Thank you :)

Hi @RoboMan ,
Thank you very much for your message :giggle: Let me try to explain where we are headed.

We are actually heading exactly where you thought we would. We know that once ZAM 3.0 is ready, it will be a solution to replace traditional AV. But due to the fact that we needed to renew our whole technology and started writing application from scratch, this process is taking longer than it normally would. This is the reason why, we are going step by step. At the moment, we are focusing on making the fastest and the most efficient Smart Scan possible. Then based on the feedback we receive from you, we will implement next feature (realtime, full scan, path scan etc.). Then next one, and we will get there eventually and we will be able to do that with your support.

I hope this clarifies it for you. Let me know if there is any other question in your mind :giggle:

ZAM3_PO

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 18, 2018
@boombastik, @plat1098

Regarding the new driver;
We are working on it but there are some procedures and side effects involved in replacing it. Procedures are related to obtaining certificate from Microsoft and side effects are related to slowing down our update interval (as each update will need to be confirmed by Microsoft). When these are the cases, we are thinking the best time to replace it would be when we are going to stable release with ZAM 3.0. We wouldn't want to slow down our update in beta stage. I believe you all can understand this. Still if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

@plat1098, @oldschool

Regarding auto lunch;
I can agree that ZAM 3.0 is nothing more than an on-demand scanner at this stage but this is an option to select on setup process and always available on settings. You can always disable during setup (not to make it default) or from settings.
Though, I am not sure if you are suggesting to remove this option completely. If so, please let me know...

Last edited:

Mert Can ALICI

From Zemana
Verified
Developer
Dec 29, 2015
@ZAM3_PO

Just one side question

When is the android version with Web Filtering feature going to be released?

Thanks

Hi @HarborFront,

Currently, we are testing that feature, when we have finished our tests, you will have Web Protection.
Please, follow Zemana Mobile Antivirus thread to get news just by clicking this link.

Best Regards.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @RoboMan ,
Thank you very much for your message :giggle: Let me try to explain where we are headed.

We are actually heading exactly where you thought we would. We know that once ZAM 3.0 is ready, it will be a solution to replace traditional AV. But due to the fact that we needed to renew our whole technology and started writing application from scratch, this process is taking longer than it normally would. This is the reason why, we are going step by step. At the moment, we are focusing on making the fastest and the most efficient Smart Scan possible. Then based on the feedback we receive from you, we will implement next feature (realtime, full scan, path scan etc.). Then next one, and we will get there eventually and we will be able to do that with your support.

I hope this clarifies it for you. Let me know if there is any other question in your mind :giggle:
Thank you for your message and looking forward into this!

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Zemana AntiMalware 3.0.680 Beta

Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:33 PM
  • Improved hollow process detection
  • Implemented Sfc protection in cleaning process
  • A bug affecting registry enumeration is fixed
  • Disabled quarantine scan action for unquarantinable detection objects
  • Quarantine and scan report grids are chronologically ordered
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
Zemana AntiMalware Release Notes

Zemana AntiMalware 3.0 Subscribe

With best Regards
Mops21

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I have two recommendations for your site, for when your beta product is finally finished.
1.jpg

Change the theme "Anti Malware and Anti Logger Protection" for something more promising, like "Next-Generation Malware Protection".
2.jpg

Great slogan "You got malware? Well, we've got Zemana for you". I actually love it! Anyways, once you have finished your product and it's not just an on-demand beta scanner, we will not just want Zemana for when we're infected, but we will want it to prevent malware, so maybe you will need to change it in the future :)
Extra comments: I love your new website design! Great job! :D

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Also don't forget to check out our new website design! :giggle:
I don't like that on both the home page and product page, you only have a link to the trial of the paid version and no link to download, or even any mention of the free version.

On the product page of the old website, at least there was a download link to the free version, halfway down the page. But I didn't like that that the link read "Download Free Demo."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.