Advanced Plus Security Joyous Daughter's Laptop configuration 2021

Last updated
May 14, 2021
How it's used?
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Defender with Comodo firewall ( Cs setting with locked down file rating), Adguard , Firewall on Mikrotik Hap Ac
Firewall security
About custom security
Windows defender with configure (at high) defender and Comodo firewall at CS setting along with following changes.
1. Hips enabled.
2.password protected.
3. Firewall with block all incoming connections, enabled block loopback traffic, fragmented traffic, anti arp traffic, filter ipv6 and enabled protocol analysis.
4. Containment setting " don't show privilege elevation alerts" run inside container- enabled and all CS settings.
5.File rating> Vendor List> Removed all vendors> Kept only the ones which is installed in system.
6.Advanced Protection> Script analysis> Embedded code detection enabled for java, cmd and powershell.
7.Website filter disabled
Periodic malware scanners
Norton power eraser. EEK, Hitman pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ms Edge Chrome
Secure DNS
NextDns DoH at router level.
Desktop VPN
none
Password manager
Bitwarden with Authy for 2Fa
Maintenance tools
Regorganizer
File and Photo backup
one drive and google drive
System recovery
windows image recovery, Macrium Reflect incremental backup
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. AMD Ryzen™ 3 3250U, Integrated graphics with AMD APU, 48GB, 2x4GB, DDR4, 2400MHz, 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive Storage.
Notable changes
1.Installed new os on 14/05/2021
2. all changed made on above day.
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
This is my daughter's New laptop. She is using it for her educational purpose, She is only 12 years old so I decided to go with a locked down configuration with the help of Comodo firewall. All unknown files are automatically contained and run with "limited " privileges. To make it a locked down system I have removed all vendors certificates from Vendor List and kept only the ones which is installed in system ( about 30 or so digital certificates) and disabled " cloud Lookup" in File rating. Now what this does is, any file, if it is not in the vendor list, will be executed -be it digitally signed or not- will run inside the "containment". So she can not install anything knowingly or unknowingly with out my permission.
How to easily populate vendors list for a locked down configuration;
1. Enable CS settings in containment.
2. Enable cloud lookup in file rating.
3. select all vendor certificates in vendor list by ticking Vendor Tab.
Untitled-1.jpg
4. remove all and click "OK"
5. Now run all the apps you have installed one by one, the vendor list will get auto populated as you run those applications. Restart the pc and keep the "cloud lookup" feature in file rating for a few days.
6. Disable the cloud lookup in file rating.
7. If you need to install anything just enable the cloud lookup in file rating for it and disable the same after installation.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.