Last updated
Jan 2, 2021
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Symantec endpoint protection 14.3RU1 managed by Symantec endpoint Manager. Hard configurator(@ recommended settings with new exe run by smart screen) Adguard desktop. NextDNS on router. Routeros based firewall on mikrotik hAP Ac.
Firewall security
About custom security
Virus and spyware protection (maxed out), proactive protection( Sonar in aggressive mode), deception policies and firewall with max security settings. installation from External devices is prevented by using device control. Exploit mitigation uses prevention of running scripts in docx files and pdf files. IPV6 traffic is blocked.Only selected application outbound traffic is allowed. Firewall is set to detect changes in application and to report for re-allowing traffic. Hard configurator@ recommended settings with exe run by smart screen, powershell scripts blocked.
Periodic malware scanners
Norton power eraser. EEK, Hitman pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox,Chrome, Edge chromium
Secure DNS
NextDns Doh based on Router(Mikrotik hap Ac)
Desktop VPN
none.
Password manager
Bitwarden and Keepass2(with key file). Authy for 2Fa
Maintenance tools
Reg organizer. Kerish doctor
File and Photo backup
Windows base Image backup on two external hdds, Macrium Reflect incremental backup. Important data is also on Google drive, Mega and Onedrive as password protected zip file with 256 bit encryption.
System recovery
Windows base Image backup on two external hdds, Macrium Reflect incremental backup
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Working from home
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
AMD Ryzen 5 3600.
Asus X570 tuf gaming Mobo.
Silicon Power 256GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 M2 ssd as boot drive.
2x 2Tb Thoshiba 7200 rpm Hdd.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16GBx2) 3200MHz DDR4.
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER.
Notable changes
1.Sep updated to 14.3 RU1.
2. Added hard configurator.
3.removed WPD, now the windows telemetry is blocked by nextdns.
4.Updated windows to 2004 H2 version
5. Added Bitwarden and Keepass2 to password managers list.
6. Removed LastPass (a month ago)..
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Why 3 browser and disabled IPv6?
I don't exactly have an answer why do I have 3 browsers...I use chrome for my day-to-day operations and for watching my subscribed youtube videos, but when I do want to search for some videos on youtube I does that on Firefox, so that Google does not show related content based on my search on my subscribed account. The other browser ( ms edge) I don't use at all...it was there in 20h2, so kept it that way. My ISP don't support ipv6, hence it's disabled.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Firefox, so that Google does not show related content based on my search on my subscribed account.
That's not how it works. They know your IP which is enough.
My ISP don't support ipv6, hence it's disabled.
Okay but you will forget your setting if they provide it on their side and you don't have any disadvantage if you let it enabled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.