Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Nothing happening on my side..
My settings
settings.jpg

You may have to close your browser and maybe try rebooting, has I did not get notifications immediately on my system only after some time. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Aight, but as I want as few extensions as possible I will skip this one. Thanks for the info anyway. :)
I uninstalled the extension as well. the notifications were very annoying and it blocked the entire right
hand side of my browser for about 5 seconds before disappearing. May look at it again in the future, but needs lots more work and many fixes.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

I don't think it's effective and I removed it from Firefox because it's slowing down page loads significantly. I honestly don't see it doing anything that uBO isn't already doing.
The two do very different things. From the comments of other members, it seems that it needs a lot of tuning and refinement, so I think you are right to remove it

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Okay, on business travel without laptop (because I needed to use the PC's of the company who contracted me to help with a proposal for a large IT-contract). Yesterday evening I finished the final concept, so I am done to my surprise I have two days left before returning home again. To kill time I looked for a cheap PC and went to an old fashioned radio shack and bought me an Asus transformer (which I used long a long time ago on Windows 8.1). It is slow (only Z3740 CPU with 2 GBRAM). Windows10 does not always recognize the 64GB micro SD card I got with it for free because the accu charger did not work (the charger of my phone worked with a mini-usb to usb-C cable). But for 50 bucks total I can't complain. The guy asked 100 euros, but because charger did not work and pointing device went bananas I got it for 50 euro. It surprises me that everything works (I only had to disable ASUS smart gestures, to get it working decently again). I removed all crap and added Hard_Configurator and hardened Edge Browser site permissions, so security wise I should be fine.

I installed Jshelter to see whether I could get a working custom setup. I was very curious about their XMLHTTPrequest filtering, but it simply does not work correctly. So I added a custom level 4, which is level 3 without the XHR Filtering.

I am also on Edge, so poup panel does not work., I accessed the extensions options by rightclicking on the JShelter icon, this are the settings I used

1, Press "ADD CUSTOM LEVEL" button
2. Call it Level 3 without XHR with identifcation 4
3. Choose options as explained in spoilers below
4. Save custom setttings

1633423095610.png

1633423189727.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

I tried the verge, to see whether I would get a lot of popups from JShelter, but Idid not get one. JShelter uses twice as much CPU power than uBlockOrigin, so this extra privacy (and a little security) comes with a cost.

1633424457643.png

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I tried the verge, to see whether I would get a lot of popups from JShelter, but Idid not get one. JShelter uses twice as much CPU power than uBlockOrigin, so this extra privacy (and a little security) comes with a cost.
I reinstalled the plugin and noticed if i use NextDNS then I get pop ups and when I use Cloudflare DNS I don't get any pop ups.
jspopup.jpg

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@The_King

Nice find (y) Next DNS probably uses a proxy to filter out malware and advertisements from the original resolve requests to the ones parsed to the user (with his/her unique Next DNS setup) :)

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Javascript Restrictor had an update, they fixed some bugs and added some features

How to use:
1. Create a custom level which is the same as the highest level of protection without XMLHTTPrequest filtering (I gave it ID 4)
2. I choose for below options for user configurable stuff (all other settings enabled except XMLHTTPrequest filtering)

a) Limit Time precision to "full seconds", enable add additional randomization
b) Protect against canvas fingerprinting "alter image based on domain and session hash"
c) Protect against audio fingerprinting "add noise based on domain"
d) Protect against webgl "generate random nummer ..."
e) Protect against plugin filetering " report two fake plugins"
f) Prevent fingerprinting on connected multi media devices "randomize order"
g) Spoof hardware "return random number between minimum and real value"

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Ran the test in FF 94. The test does not run unless I click stop. So does it mean it successfully blocked the fingerprint test?
View attachment 261652
I think this isn't a feature but a bug :LOL:
I always have to restart Firefox and even close all processes manually via TaskManager to make it work again. So I can't tell if its working or not as it never finishes showing the final results.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@SecureKongo

On Edge, I just get a website is not responding message.

Firefox probably has not sandboxed access to audio/media devices in a separate sub-process, making not only the tab, but the complete browser crash.

Reactions: Kongo

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
@SecureKongo

On Edge, I just get a website is not responding message.

Firefox probably has not sandboxed access to audio/media devices in a separate sub-process, making not only the tab, but the complete browser crash.
But what exactly is crashing the testing site? Isn't the extension only changing the audio fngerprint by adding noise?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.