jsRAnge's security configuration

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Hello and Thanks for sharing your config with us :) I do have a few remarks : add emsisoft emergency kit as an on demand scanner. Add kb ssl enforcer as Chrome extension. Remove system mechanic because it can seriously damage your system / operating system especially its registry cleaner! Use ccleaner , wisecare 365 and privazer and auslogics defrag free instead because they are safe to use!

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good! Is your Windows 10 updated to the current build?
I would remove system mechanic using a 3rd party uninstaller(such as Revo Uninstaller) to remove all traces.There are also guides on how to remove it completely.
Then I would recommend CCleaner or Privazer as either or is more than enough.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice setup. :)

You may add Kerish Doctor for better reliability of cleaning aside to CCleaner.

Reactions: Logethica

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Good security config, as already suggested, also I advise you to remove Iolo SM because of possible problems that it might cause.
Optimization softwares do not bring tangible improvements on modern operating systems and also, Iolo SM has background active processes that consume resources.
The idea that a software can improve stability and performance of Windows is hard to die.
Just add CCleaner and you're ok.
You can switch to uBlock Origin and evaluate the difference.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Nothing more to suggest, however should you remove Norton Security with their Removal Tool, make sure you manually go to Task Scheduler and remove manually the entries created by Norton, as those are not removed by the Removal Tool

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.