Showcase Juhful's new laptop

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
This is my new Laptop, got on sale for $749.99 U.S. Upgraded the RAM to 16gb and the 1TB Toshiba Hybrid HDD to an Evo 850 250gb, so far runs great and stays cool considering the power inside.

Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...quite good eqipment: SSD, i7, 16GB RAM, video card with 4GB VRAM/DDR5, FHD. If you are a gamer: i think the
Nvidia GTX-960M is not powerful enough for latest games... Right now i'm looking for a gaming
laptop for my girl friend: a GTX 965M or even a GTX 970M is necessary for current games and
all new games that will be released in the future.... But if you are not a "gamer" then this
laptop is very powerful: nice machine !

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
...quite good eqipment: SSD, i7, 16GB RAM, video card with 4GB VRAM/DDR5, FHD. If you are a gamer: i think the
Nvidia GTX-960M is not powerful enough for latest games... Right now i'm looking for a gaming
laptop for my girl friend: a GTX 965M or even a GTX 970M is necessary for current games and
all new games that will be released in the future.... But if you are not a "gamer" then this
laptop is very powerful: nice machine !
Not a big gamer, though I play some COD Black Ops 3 and a few others that I can play at medium to high settings with frame rates consistantly 30-40, very playable. Older titles like Black Ops 1080P maxed out settings 60 fps.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Was contemplating to buy it also but decided against it because of no ddr4. Though it was the best laptop i could find at a reasonable price. Very good buy mate.
Any idea what temperatures you get while on full load(mainly care about cpu full load and screen only load on gpu)?

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Was contemplating to buy it also but decided against it because of no ddr4. Though it was the best laptop i could find at a reasonable price. Very good buy mate.
Any idea what temperatures you get while on full load(mainly care about cpu full load and screen only load on gpu)?
Will put it through some stress and see!

Reactions: Logethica and SHvFl

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
BTW I love that you only have to remove one screw to have complete access to all the internals! Easiest RAM and Hard drive upgrade ever!

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Room 74F CPU 100% Load 82C GPU While palying Black Ops at Ultra everything 60fps 73c.
For a moment i was confused when i saw only an 8F temperature difference. Then i noticed first it's F and second it's C.
Pretty high temperature at full load actually and i am a bit surprised. Obviously still far from the 100C limit and also not many times you stay at full load but i would like to see it at ~75C. Meh it is what it is i guess.
Thanks a lot for testing it out.

Reactions: Logethica

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
For a moment i was confused when i saw only an 8F temperature difference. Then i noticed first it's F and second it's C.
Pretty high temperature at full load actually and i am a bit surprised. Obviously still far from the 100C limit and also not many times you stay at full load but i would like to see it at ~75C. Meh it is what it is i guess.
Thanks a lot for testing it out.
No problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.