Just Can't Find It Anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Hey everyone:

I'm out of ideas, so I'm turning to you good people here, who have more knowledge than myself about software.

Here is what I need to do. I have a software product that I bought at Staples, it's called "Turbo Tax". My wifes PC doesn't have a CD Rom, but it has USB Ports.

I want to use my PC (which has a CD Rom and USB) to take the software off the cd and put it on the USB and have the USB boot into the installation process just like the CD.

Is there a software product that will just "DO IT" without "first convert it to this, then go to command Prompt, then do this, then do that....ECT.

I hope there is a software that just says insert CD, now insert USB, browse to cd, press start.

Thanks in advance.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Otherwise you can copy the disk as ISO using imgburn and simply mount it on any no. of PC suing deamon tools, imdisk, winCDemu etc.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Otherwise you can copy the disk as ISO using imgburn and simply mount it on any no. of PC suing deamon tools, imdisk, winCDemu etc.
Guys thanks for the responses, The copy paste doesn't alwasys work with EXE files...

And I know I can jump the hoops and make an iso...

But I was wondering if there is a software product that will just "DO IT" without "first convert it to this, then go to command Prompt, then do this, then do that....ECT. I hope there is a software that just says insert CD, now insert USB, browse to cd, press start.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Have you tried to first insert the usb and cd, then drag the files from the cd to the usb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.