New Update JustBlock Security - Chrome extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
AIbEiAIAAABDCO6y1JCDrsK6TCILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDRhYzUxOThlOGNhN2FlZGU5NDBmM2M4OTg2Mzg3MmQ0ZGJjYzIwNTcwAdFAYTLX7hrEkzfd5Y5Spsd7krWx

JustBlock Security - Chrome extension
offered by justblock.org

1525441817596.png

1525441465271.png

JustBlock Security - Modified 3 hours ago

"Hi guys,

Today is a big day: we are launching JustBlock, a security suite for Chrome.

This new security bundle can still block popups as it always did, but you can also choose to add more protection from many threats:

> PROTECT YOUR ANONYMITY: Block websites from tracking your navigation path

> PROTECT YOUR SAFETY: Block unsafe websites

> BLOCK THIRD PARTY COOKIES: Block Advertising Networks & Facebook from spying on you

> PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY: tell sites you don't want to be tracked

> PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA: block form's autofill to prevent website from stealing your personal data

> BLOCK SHADOW CLICKS: Don't let Chrome™ to open links without your consent

> BLOCK MALICIOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY MINERS: don't let Hackers mine cryptocurrencies with your computer

> BLOCK NOTIFICATIONS: blocks annoying browser's notifications

The old grumpy users who don't like change can still choose to block only the popups and nothing else. The popup blocker has not changed, it is the same code as last month, so nothing to worry about.

Have a great day and thank you for your feedbacks."

--------------------------

So this "JustBlock Security Pack for Chrome™: block malware and secure your privacy
JustBlock blocks everything to make your online experience safer and more private.
JustBlock.org provides a security package for Chrome™ to block malware, secure your online privacy & speed up your browser. Think of it as an anti-virus for Chrome™
Block data theft, privacy trackers, malwares, digital scam, ransomwares, fraud, virus & popups.
Your software and your data have moved in the cloud, Chrome™ is a great browser to access all these services but it needs an extra layer of security.
This extension started in 2011 as a "Javascript Popup Blocker", since then we have expended and today our Chrome™ extension offers a security bundle to protect your browser."

Comment, for precedent version:
"Works GREAT to stop those hijack attempts and popups that run scripts to install malicious software, knocks out those attack popups when you click a photo or attempt to download a file... works very well."

----------------------

- I've downloaded it, and I'm reviewing its functioning...

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Seems like a nice extension but except for the "Block websites from tracking your navigation path"
i don't see how it would be useful to me.
All the other functions i can find them in Chrome settings.

JuanitoES

From Extension Police
Verified
Developer
Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys, the idea is to provide an all-in-one antivirus and privacy protection for Chrome:

We are merging all type of blocking from all type of sources:
- Some blocking can be done from Chrome Settings: block third party cookies,..
+ Block JS Crypto Mining
+ Block pop-up : we are working on improving the JS blocking without compromising your data.
+ Block email trackers: will be online tomorrow
+ Block Shady Extensions: we will integrate part of the script of our Extension Police extensions
+ Block Ads: will be live next week

The idea is to build an all-in-one antivirus for Chrome. We have plenty of ideas, give us some time to develop ;-)

JuanitoES

From Extension Police
Verified
Developer
Feb 27, 2018
I did not see that this extension works, I tried with my different test pages...
If some of you could post test links with evidence of blockages by this extension, would be welcome...

PS.
Found: block pop-up (but not overlay...) from Poper Blocker test page: Welcome - Poper Blocker

WARNING: this poperblocker tool analyses all your traffic and it access ALL the webpages you visit (you are basically letting them to export all your browsing to their servers), it sends info to their server and you have to wait for an answer -> it is highly unsecured and it slows all your browsing.

If you care about security, you should remove this Extension now.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
No worries Juanito, cause I've the bookmark of Poper Blocker test page only...;)
- Not extension.

And this pop-up is not true pop-up, I've wroted about it somewhere already... (look in Inspect element from right click).

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Hi guys, the idea is to provide an all-in-one antivirus and privacy protection for Chrome:

+ Block JS Crypto Mining
+ Block pop-up : we are working on improving the JS blocking without compromising your data.
+ Block Shady Extensions: we will integrate part of the script of our Extension Police extensions

The idea is to build an all-in-one antivirus for Chrome. We have plenty of ideas, give us some time to develop ;-)

Suggestions:
- would be nice to select blocklist sources and add them like in uBlock
- maybe block downnloads like MRsec Exe Blocker does (only use a more robust list of file extensions to block like: .ade,.adp,.bas,.bat,.chm,.cla,.class,.cmd,.com,.cpl,.crt,.dll,.drv,.exe,.fxp,.gadget,.hlp,.hta,.inf,.ins,.isp,.jar,.job,.jse,.lnk,.ksh,.mda,.mdb,.mde,.mdw,.mdz,.mru,.msc,.msh,.msh1,.msh1xml,.msh2,.msh2xml,.mshxml,.msi,.msp,.mst,.ocx,.ops,.pcd,.pcx,.pif,.pl,.pol,.prf,.prg,.ps1,.ps1xml,.psc1,.py,.py3,.pyc,.pyw,.reg,.scf,.scr,.sct,.shb,.shs,.swf,.vb,.vbe,.vbs,.vbp,.vsmacros,.vxd,.ws,.wsc,.wsf,.wsh,.xbap,.xnk

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

+ Block JS Crypto Mining

This tool has great potential, big promise, so I'm looking forward to next more complete version!
Good luck, JuanitoES developer!

...and are you planning Firefox version too?...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Suggestions:
- would be nice to select blocklist sources and add them like in uBlock
- maybe block downnloads like MRsec Exe Blocker does (only use a more robust list of file extensions to block like: .ade,.adp,.bas,.bat,.chm,.cla,.class,.cmd,.com,.cpl,.crt,.dll,.drv,.exe,.fxp,.gadget,.hlp,.hta,.inf,.ins,.isp,.jar,.job,.jse,.lnk,.ksh,.mda,.mdb,.mde,.mdw,.mdz,.mru,.msc,.msh,.msh1,.msh1xml,.msh2,.msh2xml,.mshxml,.msi,.msp,.mst,.ocx,.ops,.pcd,.pcx,.pif,.pl,.pol,.prf,.prg,.ps1,.ps1xml,.psc1,.py,.py3,.pyc,.pyw,.reg,.scf,.scr,.sct,.shb,.shs,.swf,.vb,.vbe,.vbs,.vbp,.vsmacros,.vxd,.ws,.wsc,.wsf,.wsh,.xbap,.xnk
You have another extension I use too:
SjW2I45mHzJlpjgsNcv-JHyDh_I6jTtYhDVZroftr8lXfiPRxGS9hr4Td6LtWpKNYGm3Wvictk0=w26-h26-e365

Block Malicious File Downloads

Our topic about: Block Malicious File Downloads: Add-on - Block Malicious File Downloads

JuanitoES

From Extension Police
Verified
Developer
Feb 27, 2018
You have another extension I use too:
SjW2I45mHzJlpjgsNcv-JHyDh_I6jTtYhDVZroftr8lXfiPRxGS9hr4Td6LtWpKNYGm3Wvictk0=w26-h26-e365

Our topic about: Block Malicious File Downloads: Add-on - Block Malicious File Downloads

Dear friends, the "Blocker of Malicious file downloads" is ready. It is included in the version 2.0.25 of JustBlock Security extension in the Chrome Store. It should be available in 24 hours maximum, as soon as it gets Google's approval.

Also, last week we released the "Extension Blocker": you can build a whitelist of domains where all extensions will be banned, so you make sure that no Extension can access your critical information , like your gmail, your online banking, your customer database. It is very useful to block scammy extension accessing your company's critical SaaS.

Do you have other suggestions ?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@JuanitoES

When I click the featured in links on your website, like CNN or Forbes I can't find any infor related to Justblock.

I also have a hard time finding the AV-test results in which JustBlock topped all others

1528927152046.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Windows_Security I just quickly analyzed and tested this extension against malwares
- "Block Malicious Download": it prompts on every .exe downloads regardless of the websites (even on majorgeeks.com). It misses .pdf or .bin

- "Protect your Safety" (Block unsafe websites): it enforces google safe browsing to be enabled (Protect you and your device from dangerous sites)

that's it, I doubt justblock has no blocklist, it just relies on google safe browsing and blocks every .exe file by default unless we trust that website

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@JuanitoES

Hi

Can you add blocking of redirects, overlays, fingerprinting (different types), clickjacking, URL tracking? Also, disabling of Webgl, WebRTC and randomizing/spoofing user agent/header/timezone/referrer.

You blocking crypto miners? How often you update the block list? Can add other block lists?

How about an android version?

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
@JuanitoES

When I click the featured in links on your website, like CNN or Forbes I can't find any infor related to Justblock.

I also have a hard time finding the AV-test results in which JustBlock topped all others

View attachment 190520
===================

Thanks @Windows_Security.

And.... if those tests / reviews are bogus, then JustBlock needs to be thrown out of malwaretips.com.

Waiting for response from rep.

JuanitoES

From Extension Police
Verified
Developer
Feb 27, 2018
I am asking the front-end guy to modify all this now. Thank you for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.