On Sale! K7 Ultimate Security Infiniti Edition - Pay $70 for lifetime, 5 devices

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@oldschool Thanks for the link.
If I haven't missed anything my settings are the same:
Always Prompt if a new Software is installed when changes are found
Do not automatically allow signed files / recognized by the System Monitor
Firewall:
Ask for outbound connections of non-whitelisted apps
Intrusion Rules: Activate also SMB Exploit Detection 1, HTTP Server Exploit Detection 1 and FTP Server Exploit Detection 1

The firewall still doesn't ask for my decision.
I just want to know if it's because the "Internet security suite" decides it for me or if I understand it just all wrong (and can't allow/deny at all before a connection is made).
Not talking about changing rules afterwards.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Did you find and way to make the firewall ask (before allowing an not already allowed connection)? I played a bit with the Infinity trial and couldn't get the firewall to ask at all (and I changed all setting that I found so it should do it).
I was searching for that option long time, too, as it autoallows signed files it seems (at least Windows one's, which get hijacked by malware sometimes).
Unfortunately, there is a option ("learn mode"), but it is not changeable.
Did not find anything in K7 documentation, neither offline nor online.
1641546812832.png
EDIT: I'm just opening a ticket, let's see if they can help.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I was searching for that option long time, too, as it autoallows signed files it seems (at least Windows one's, which get hijacked by malware sometimes).
Unfortunately, there is a option ("learn mode"), but it is not changeable.
Did not find anything in K7 documentation, neither offline nor online.
View attachment 263457
EDIT: I'm just opening a ticket, let's see if they can help.
For whatever reason it shows up then…
Maybe relict from Endpoint solution?
AA134971-848C-49D0-9A65-DC049D23A331.jpeg

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Der.Reisende Thanks for your answer and opening a ticket.

At least I'm not the only one that looked for a ask popup (because the wording sounds like it should "ask").
I just like to tinker with software and sometimes it doesn't behave like I would expect. Then it's either that I understood it totally wrong or it just can't do that.
I wanted to be sure that it's not "user error" :D

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@Der.Reisende Thanks for your answer and opening a ticket.

At least I'm not the only one that looked for a ask popup (because the wording sounds like it should "ask").
I just like to tinker with software and sometimes it doesn't behave like I would expect. Then it's either that I understood it totally wrong or it just can't do that.
I wanted to be sure that it's not "user error" :D
It actually does (when „prompt for action“ is enabled manually), for applications not in the list (note it only asks once, and remembers the decision).
However, I noticed it autowhitelists some processes, I guess those which are signed, even if they are malicious.
You might combine K7 with Free Firewall
Haven‘t tried it for some time, but shouldn‘t conflict with K7 (no guarantee).

You’re welcome anyway, thanks for the heads up, I also wondered why K7 has no learning mode, however forgot somewhen :)

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Névtelen.png

I have windows 11 in my computer. I clicked the about menu in K7 and it shows me: Operating system Windows 10.

What is the problem ?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.