Full HD display

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Looks good. Nice and simple.

I'm curious if Windows imaging has worked well for you in the past? Some users say they won't rely on it. I've never had to use it.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
My advice:
  • Add Configure Defender to get the best out of your realtime protection with Window Defender
  • Add a Windows Firewall Platform software such TinyWall or Malwarebytes Window Firewall Control (Tinywall is ever so light on the system as well, installation file is less than 2MB)
  • With data backup, use a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or EaseUS ToDo Backup Free, you can also use a cloud component for this in Dropbox or Google Drive

Everything is fairly spot on and love the simplicity of your machine! I will note well done for using Syshardener, you can also benefit from using the Window Firewall rules within the settings of this program too.

Thanks for sharing a great config with MWT!

~LDogg

Kantry123

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Looks good. Nice and simple.

I'm curious if Windows imaging has worked well for you in the past? Some users say they won't rely on it. I've never had to use it.

Windows imaging has been greatly improved its time for everyone to check windows system image backup as Microsoft has greatly improved a lot a big shout out to Microsft for making Windows 10 a great and enjoyable experience.

thanks and regards
Kantry123

Reactions: oldschool

Kantry123

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
My advice:
  • Add Configure Defender to get the best out of your realtime protection with Window Defender
  • Add a Windows Firewall Platform software such TinyWall or Malwarebytes Window Firewall Control (Tinywall is ever so light on the system as well, installation file is less than 2MB)
  • With data backup, use a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or EaseUS ToDo Backup Free, you can also use a cloud component for this in Dropbox or Google Drive
Everything is fairly spot on and love the simplicity of your machine! I will note well done for using Syshardener, you can also benefit from using the Window Firewall rules within the settings of this program too.

Thanks for sharing a great config with MWT!

~LDogg

yes i've followed several guides to configure Defender with advanced setting and can make it much more robust.

Will definitely consider Tinywall , I might have to learn how to operate it as I'm fairly New to this software.

Oh will defintely do it., I 've Onedrive 1TB access for students so i think i'll0 use it.

Thank you so much for your tip.

Thanks and Regards
Kantry123

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There are some complaints from users in forums about W10 Image System BackUp, saying it is broken, so I would consider also to use a 3rd party tool such as Macrium or AOMEI...

Also consider to use some second opinion scanner as on demand: HitMan.Pro Free, ZAM Free, MalwareBytes Free, even tweaking WD with NVT SH + OSA, there is always a chance to get undetected threats...

Thank for sharing :giggle:

Kantry123

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
There are some complaints from users in forums about W10 Image System BackUp, saying it is broken, so I would consider also to use a 3rd party tool such as Macrium or AOMEI...

Also consider to use some second opinion scanner as on demand: HitMan.Pro Free, ZAM Free, MalwareBytes Free, even tweaking WD with NVT SH + OSA, there is always a chance to get undetected threats...

Thank for sharing :giggle:
Thank you very much

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
yes i've followed several guides to configure Defender with advanced setting and can make it much more robust.

Will definitely consider Tinywall , I might have to learn how to operate it as I'm fairly New to this software.

Oh will defintely do it., I 've Onedrive 1TB access for students so i think i'll0 use it.

Thank you so much for your tip.

Thanks and Regards
Kantry123
No problem at all! If you need any help with Tinywall, just tag me in a post.

~LDogg

Kantry123

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hello, I would want to suggest you to add Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi,

I just installed Paragon backup program ?
do you think its bad compared than those you mentioned?

Reactions: stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.