Kapersky Rescue not working

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
At this point, I think I am looking for a way to get the Kapersky Rescue program to work, or a suggestion for another program.
Do some of the other bootable tools work differently than Kapersky?

Another option I have considered is to get an enclosure for the internal drive so that I can plug it into my laptop to scan and repair, is this a viable option?

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
The Kapersky Rescue program will not run, it boots up, starts, then in or after it shows loading Linex, the screen goes black.

So I was looking for some assistance in getting it to get functional.

Just now I was able to get the Trend Micro Rescue disc to boot and function from a thumb drive, so there is a scan going on right now.
While it was loading I did see the same lines showing something failed, but it seemed to keep going into the operation menu.

Basically I am looking to get the pc functioning properly, with clean up and repair. I'm trying to stay away from a system reinstall because of many small programs that I may not be able to reinstall.

So any help would be nice.

And what about my question regarding making the problem hard drive an external drive that can be plugged in to another computer to allow access to work on it? Is that a viable option or not?

Thanks . . . going to bed now

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Here, I can only help you with your Malware issues. So let's check your PC:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
  • Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer
  • Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.
  • In the Choose Recovery Tool menu select Command Prompt.
  • You will see a big black window with a blinking cursor (command prompt).

notepad.png
    Access the notepad and identify your USB drive

In the Command Prompt please type in:
    Code:
    notepad
    and press Enter.
  • When the notepad opens, go to File menu.
  • Select Open.
  • Go to Computer and search there for your USB drive letter.
  • Note down the letter and close the notepad.

FRST.gif
    Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Once back in the command prompt window, please do the following:
  • Type in e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.
    You need to replace e with the letter of your USB drive taken from notepad!
  • FRST will start to run. Give him a minute or so to load itself.
  • Click Yes to Disclaimer.
  • In the main console, please click Scan and wait.
  • When finished it will produce a logfile named FRST.txt in the root of your pendrive and display it. Close that logfile.

Transfer it to your clean machine and include it in your next reply.

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
Ok.
The Trend Micro program was still running this am at 7, which I had started about 12 midnight, so I will see if if is done when I vet home later. I'm figuring its better to let if run rather than stop it mid process.
After it has finished I will do as you described above.

Thanks

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
OK, I ran Farbar with only the main hard drive connected, see file.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 13

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>> Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.

>> Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
Attached file.

No boot up in Normal or Safe Mode, black screen with cursor only

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 9

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
I had not tried anything but Normal and Safe mode booting, as I didn't want to do any thing that you had not recommended here.

Interesting, pc was off all day since I posted this AM, and when powering it on, it did not beep and bring up the Boot Menu, it appeared to just start Windows, but nothing. Then I shut off and powered up again and the Boot Menu came up. (it is set right not to bee 1st from CD, so usually Boot Menu come up )

So I just ran a System Restore.

After running a System Restore to the last point, it indicated to reboot, which it did not do, black screen.

The last Restore Point had on the line, “INSTALL:AA11”, which has me curious, as all others were just labeled as restore points.

A question, if the system does not reboot when commanded after doing a function as Restore, does that restore take hold after I have to do a hard off and re power to attempt a boot, or is it lost because of no proper reboot?

In the Bios, Advanced BIOS Features menu there is listing for, Boot Sector Virus Protection which is DISABLED.

I changed the 1st boot drive back to the hard drive, in case there is an issue with re booting while the CD drive is first. Should I do the Restore again?

Not sure if any of those bits of info matter.

jhald

Thread author
Jun 15, 2015
Hmm, ok perhaps.
Can you answer a few questions for me before I do that, to clarify them for me.

1) If the system does not reboot when commanded after doing a function as Restore, does that restore take hold after I have to do a hard off and re power to attempt a boot, or is it lost because of no proper reboot?

2) When choosing to boot Recovered Windows System, I get message that cannot start because, ...system32\Winload.exe is missing. Could this be the issue?

3) Can I put the hard drive in an external case in order to connect with a different system through USB, to do more troubleshooting with it? Perhaps to totally eliminate anything wrong with the hardware?

Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.