Advice Request Kaspersky 17.0.0.611(c) updates keeps failing

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
update ok.PNG

No issues so far. I think the problem has been solved! I really thank all of you :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
To be honest I don't like this idea and I believe it affects the system performance. You know I do a clean system install after uninstalling antivirus to test a new one!
Glad to hear things are working.
Your practice of a clean system reinstallation, after uninstalling an antivirus and before installing a new one, is very good! My computer would be in better shape if I did like you do.

However, when you are just reinstalling the same software again, you don't need to do that. Just uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

In this case, as it turns out, reinstallation was not the solution anyways. Harlan, who is our Kaspersky guru on this forum, gave you the right solution.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Glad to hear things are working.
Your practice of a clean system reinstallation, after uninstalling an antivirus and before installing a new one, is very good! My computer would be in better shape if I did like you do.

However, when you are just reinstalling the same software again, you don't need to do that. Just uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

In this case, as it turns out, reinstallation was not the solution anyways. Harlan, who is our Kaspersky guru on this forum, gave you the right solution.

Thank you for your reply! I believe when I do a clean install of windows I don't need to worry about leftovers especially those of the antivirus. Antivirus solutions are very hard to completely remove! When it comes to uninstalling other software I just used Revo pro and restart the system! Regarding uninstalling and reinstalling the same software, I try to keep away from this solution as it might affect the performance, so definitely I would do a clean install of windows hahahahahah.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
You are right! I still find McAfee leftovers after years that I've uninstalled it.

If you're unwilling to do a clean install of windows, just download the trial version of revo uninstaller pro and use the "force uninstall" feature to get rid of Mcafee's leftovers ;)

Reactions: Winter Soldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.