Kaspersky 2016 Products Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkyJP

Thread author
"Kaspersky Lab today announced the release of the latest versions of its flagship security solutions for home users – Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Total Security. The latest solutions protect what matters most to consumers – their privacy, data, digital identity and money – across PC, Mac and Android devices. With new features like Private Browsing, Kaspersky Lab is providing advanced protection of consumers’ online privacy."

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Lab-Announces-Latest-Line-Consumer-Protection

(official post pending)

Download links available at Kaspersky's USA website (still yet to come at other international sites) : http://usa.kaspersky.com/

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
My mate and I have been trying to get this thing to work for over an hour. Kaspersky is fine, but no browser will load (Chrome/IE) until we finally disabled Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and it works perfectly, re-enable it and all fails. So, not sure whether this is due to the new components, or their exploit protection.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Maybe some kind of incompatibility with MBAM AE, KIS has its own Anti-Exploit technology protection integrated, anyway try to add to Exclusions/Trusted Applications the services/executables of MBAM AE.

Reactions: Ink

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Tried everything, completely turning off Malwarebytes is the only way it will function, adding exclusions won't work either, not good!

pedropete

Level 1
Oct 30, 2014
My mate and I have been trying to get this thing to work for over an hour. Kaspersky is fine, but no browser will load (Chrome/IE) until we finally disabled Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and it works perfectly, re-enable it and all fails. So, not sure whether this is due to the new components, or their exploit protection.

Glad I checked here as I am having the same problem.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
It is the best Kaspersky release yet, very stable and fast in my machine :)

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
I love it. I simply love it. Currently testing it and it works like charm. Very responsive, better RAM usage, very good release.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is the 2016MR0 (Maintenance Release 0), I guess soon will come MR1, with better stability in W10...

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
This is the 2016MR0 (Maintenance Release 0), I guess soon will come MR1, with better stability in W10...

Yes you are right, it runs smooth on my PC. The RAM usage and the PC usage in general is better but there's room for improvements :D It uses about 100-200 MB of ram with maximum settings, I'm expecting better results :D Sometimes it jumps up to 300 MB of RAM, but considering the fact that Bitdefender goes up to 500 MB of RAM with maximum settings, yes, sometimes it hits 500, I'm fine with it.
The UI is very smooth and very responsive, and the protection is also good.

I'm running Kaspersky Total Security 16.0.0.614 RC AKA 2016MR0.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could be an issue with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, as reported on the Bitdefender Forums.

Reactions: Tony Cole

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
When using Kaspersky Products, I try to wait a few months after initial release unless there is an emergency. If MR2 (Maintenance Release 2 is released, it usually means that there have been significant improvements in the initial product. I try to always wait for MR1, with Patch A or B to be released. Maybe I am old school, or influenced by old school IT folks (I am young, and wiser IT staff are quite valuable - no offense).

From what I have heard is that unless there is a pressing need to update (say if a corporation decided to stay on XP and wait until Windows 10 was released (they would generally wait to SR 1 (new terminology). Back in Windows 7 and before, many organizations would wait until Microsoft had released and possibly re-released Service Pack 1 to deploy a new OS. Sometimes this goes with software as well (Especially in critical environments).

MR1= Maintenance Release 1
MR 2 = Maintenence Release 2
SP1 = Service Pack 1
SR = Service Release

But hey that is just my two cents. I am not knocking anyone or any company. Feel free to disagree. YMMV.

For reference their forums are here: forum.kaspersky.com. Yu can usually track how things are going here, as well as beta testing.

Good luck to all!

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.