Kaspersky 2018 invalid certificates browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i have 1 cuestion in my gril laptop when she browses in intenret in trust sites like netflix she see kaspersky says "invalid certificate" and sugest disconect one and another time how can we elude this?

Reactions: Weebarra

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
In network settings, you can enable "do not scan encrypted connections". or add these HTTPS websites to website filtering exclusions.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I get it constantly :rolleyes: are you using a VPN when you go to Netflix ? With mine, i have put it down to using a service my ISP provides that lets me connect to a public/free wi-fi through my home router (so this doesn't count towards my monthly allowance) and i have just learnt to live with it, it is a pain in the butt though. It doesn't happen when i use my own internet just on the free one, i get it with chrome, internet ex, it also tells me that my browser extensions like Windscribe, Lastpass, etc have invalid certificates :cry:

@harlan4096 , i will leave a screen shot for you to give you an idea, i know someone else posted the same problem a few weeks ago and you gave a possible solution but i am not clever enough to carry out the instructions you provided ( i think it was to add the certificate name to something, sorry for my ignorance on this :unsure:)
home

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 973
Reactions: tim one and frogboy

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Weebarra: What is: urs.microsoft.com - Knowledge eXchange

And in general for certificates warnings in Kaspersky: Reasons for the Invalid Certificate error in the Safe Money component of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

About to use VPNs with Kaspersky home products (different than KSeC integrated now in Kaspersky products) may lead to some issues because Kaspersky uses certificate pinning (scan encrypted connexions via its own certificate), a possible solution could be @Bleak one, but disabling completely scanning of encrypted connections You will lose some features although still will be protected.

Others causes of getting certificate warnings with Kaspersky:

1.- A possible adware/pup/pua infection in the system or in browsers (add-on/extensions).

2.- To have more than 1 Kaspersky Root Certificate (older ones from previous Kaspersky installations) installed in system. Only one and the most updated should be installed.

3.- Incorrect BIOS/Windows system Date/Time.

Last edited:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks @harlan4096 , it will take me some time to digest your provided information but from what i read it makes some sense that is the configuration i have, i will read it in more detail later (y).
This is the only Kaspersky installation i have ever had on my system and i don't really think i have adware or pup infection but i thank you for trying to explain things to me.

I will give @Bleak suggestions a try too and see how it goes.The reason i use IE to connect to the "free wifi" is because i could pin it to the taskbar and it is quicker for me to launch the page and to log into it (before Kasp gets a chance to invalidate it, lol) if i manage this then all is ok ;), personally i can live with it but the OP might not be able to and hopefully the suggestions help him.:)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
blowing-kiss-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif
@Bleak , i love you man !!! I did what you said about about "do not scan encrypted connections" and it worked for me (y) I lost parental advisor and safe money but that's cool, when i need safe money, i can just enable it again. Thanks again everyone, hopefully it solves it for @Aktiffiso too.

Reactions: frogboy and Bleak

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
@Weebarra: What is: urs.microsoft.com - Knowledge eXchange

And in general for certificates warnings in Kaspersky: Reasons for the Invalid Certificate error in the Safe Money component of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

About to use VPNs with Kaspersky home products (different than KSeC integrated now in Kaspersky products) may lead to some issues because Kaspersky uses certificate pinning (scan encrypted connexions via its own certificate), a possible solution could be @Bleak one, but disabling completely scanning of encrypted connections You will lose some features although still will be protected.

Others causes of getting certificate warnings with Kaspersky:

1.- A possible adware/pup/pua infection in the system or in browsers (add-on/extensions).

2.- To have more than 1 Kaspersky Root Certificate (older ones from previous Kaspersky installations) installed in system. Only one and the most updated should be installed.

3.- Incorrect BIOS/Windows system Date/Time.

Ah ok @harlan4096 , in your original post, it sounded like i wouldn't lose any protection, i will go change it back and try your latest method, thanks again.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Well, i have no idea what's happened but after re-enabling the scan encrypted ports, the problem appears to have disappeared :confused: i'm not complaining but perhaps it has just been a glitch. Hopefully it is the same for @Aktiffiso too.

Have you disabled/enabled the scanning of 'encrypted port' or 'encrypted connections'? because both are different.
If anyone still having this issue while the encrypted connection scanning is on, try disabling the SSL 2.0 option, in advanced settings of the same menu, or disable 'traffic script injection' and try.
or best option IMO, is to turn these options on, and in 'encrypted connection' scanning add to exclusions your HTTPS websites that you usually visit.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Have you disabled/enabled the scanning of 'encrypted port' or 'encrypted connections'? because both are different.
If anyone still having this issue while the encrypted connection scanning is on, try disabling the SSL 2.0 option, in advanced settings of the same menu, or disable 'traffic script injection' and try.
or best option IMO, is to turn these options on, and in 'encrypted connection' scanning add to exclusions your HTTPS websites that you usually visit.

@Bleak , so sorry, my mistake, i disabled then re- enabled the encrypted connection NOT port as i said earlier. I am not the sharpest tool in the box (as you may have gathered ) the problem is fine for me now and i apologise to the OP for hijacking his thread but hopefully there is an answer in amongst all this that helps him too.

Thanks for your patience with me :notworthy:

Fixed with the well-known "turn it off / turn it" on method
View attachment 169242

:D

@Transhumana , that is normally my first port of call , maybe i can get a job in that IT department,
rxK9BZW.gif

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
@Bleak , so sorry, my mistake, i disabled then re- enabled the encrypted connection NOT port as i said earlier. I am not the sharpest tool in the box (as you may have gathered ) the problem is fine for me now and i apologise to the OP for hijacking his thread but hopefully there is an answer in amongst all this that helps him too.

Thanks for your patience with me :notworthy:

@Transhumana , that is normally my first port of call , maybe i can get a job in that IT department,
rxK9BZW.gif
It's all good, no need for apologizing & glad it works for you and hopefully for the OP :)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
With the greatest respect to your finding the pop ups aggravating. I would like to share a different outlook, on them.

I think what you are seeing is the enhancement and evolution of the Kaspersky product in a evermore potentially dangerous on line world.

Take look at the URL that is being blocked it is most likely not the one you are trying to view (probably far from it). The KIS software is blocking an identified "rider" connected to your legitimate site.

I am sure the developers wrestle with displaying this as a pop-up or hiding it, at the moment I think they want to be sure we "don't" want the rider by displaying the pop-up and letting us decide. If we had no notices we may miss something we want to view. I do agree that maybe the developers could add a switch for auto bloc for those that want the software to not show notifications. There could even be legal ramifications as ad blockers come under more fire, I am thankful at least we can "throw the switch ourselves" (hitting that disconnect button).

As indicated by others in this thread, I think most of these "pop-ups" are caused by ads and other analytics. I get a few but find it comforting when I read the "URL" that the software is helping me know what I am viewing.

If your favorite browser allows domain blocking this would be an effective way to make your pop-ups subside on your favorite sites (a bit of work but it is effective).

Please understand I am not "defending" the pop-ups just trying to help understand them -- all the best kbill
Intrusive Pop-ups - Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the link @venustus, i read some of these things yesterday before the Kaspersky site went down for maintenance, i'll need to go back and read some more of the threads some day :)
No problem!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.