Advice Request Kaspersky 2019 EU region lock

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
If I install the en-GB 2019 version, will I need to reinstall the en-US version when it comes out?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
If i'm not mistaken, i think the region lock on Kaspersky depends on your location (IP address) when installing or entering the license code, not the language/region used on the install file.

But it's been a while since I've used Kaspersky, so better wait for someone with more experience with the product to give you an answer.
Bit the bullet and decided to install it anyway. Botched security suite installations usually lead me to a full reformat instead of a simple uninstall.

Luckily, it seems to have worked and the 31-day trial was activated with my North American IP. No extra registration was needed.

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Well the download is already kind of region locked. I have my PC on english, live in germany. I disabled that websites are able to read language or region and I use a VPN. I have to manually choose the country I'm coming from before download. :unsure: If I chose english and europe I get the 2019 version. :giggle:
The other day I was doing my mums PC (It doesn't have much blockades) and on it I could only download the 2018 version. There was no way to choose the country or whatever. I had to send her the install I downloaded in order to get her the new 2019 version. :mad:

So yea. Region lock.
No trial though.

Reactions: brambedkar59

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Well the download is already kind of region locked. I have my PC on english, live in germany. I disabled that websites are able to read language or region and I use a VPN. I have to manually choose the country I'm coming from before download. :unsure: If I chose english and europe I get the 2019 version. :giggle:
The other day I was doing my mums PC (It doesn't have much blockades) and on it I could only download the 2018 version. There was no way to choose the country or whatever. I had to send her the install I downloaded in order to get her the new 2019 version. :mad:

So yea. Region lock.
No trial though.
Weird, I got the opposite effect. No country selection, no VPN needed, activated trial. I downloaded it from the Kaspersky source too.
Index of /homeuser/

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, that link is right to download new K2019 which support new GDPR, but this installer may be installed in any country without GDPR (in fact, comes with an interesting privacy setting to block telemetry sending), the region limitations are in license codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.