upnorth

Level 39
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Kaspersky, a leading global cybersecurity company, has achieved ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification; the international standard outlining best practices for information security management systems. Issued by TÜV AUSTRIA, the certification confirms that the company’s data security systems, including Kaspersky Security Network, meets industry best practices.

ISO/IEC 27001 is the most widely used information security standard prepared and published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards. It includes requirements on how to implement, monitor, maintain and continually improve an Information Security Management System (ISMS) within the context of the organization and its business needs. Conformity with this internationally recognized standard lies at the core of Kaspersky’s approach to implementing and managing information security, as it proves the completeness and rigor of security controls while providing clients with an additional level of assurance.

Certification was validated following an assessment done by the independent certification body TÜV AUSTRIA. It covered management systems of the delivery of malicious and suspicious files using the Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) infrastructure, as well as safe storage and access to these files in the company’s Distributed File System (KLDFS). This include the company’s data centers in Zurich, Switzerland; Frankfurt, Germany; Toronto, Canada and Moscow, Russia.

crezz

Level 6
Verified
I think the article above about SO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is more about Kaspersky's data practices. The accusations about Kaspersky being involved in espionage are entirely separate matters.

I don't think there was ever any technical evidence that Kaspersky software is used for state survelliance.

However, I think the concern is that as a Russian company, they would ultimately have to follow any instructions which their government would like them to carry out in the future. Plus they possibly have government agents amongst their staff- even if they don't realise this. To be fair, I expect most of the large security companies are spied on to a certain extent.

But I have no idea is the above is true. I use Kaspersky, which shows how concerned I am !

RejZoR

Level 12
Verified
What espionage? The last mega drama around Kaspersky was entirely manufactured by twisting facts in such a way that they looked guilty. Where in reality it was Kaspersky that caught NSA's contractors shuffling around hack tools. That's the only wrongdoing they did. Detecting hack tools they were not suppose to detect coz they were used by NSA and not meant to be found. As for hackings and other things, of course Kaspersky cooperates with local authorities which happen to be... RUSSIAN. Just like Symantec, McAfee or any other American security firm cooperates with FBI and the likes when they have something on it.

AtlBo

Level 27
Verified
Content Creator
Kaspersky deserves recognition. Others can earn it too. It's good for a company to make the world a better place :)

Everyone should take a look at KSC free and see exactly what Kaspersky has done in the form of a free program. The investment in quality coding practices is evident, and the company makes good decisions too. How good must their paid be lol? Hello awards.